Contents & Navigation
Top 7 reasons to choose Amazon’s Cloud Cam security camera:
- Free cloud storage;
- Easy to set up
- Reliable performance;
- Simple application;
- Affordable Price.
- Excellent video quality
- Customizable motion detection
For years, security camera manufacturers have been inspired by Dropcam Pro, which has appealed to consumers for its HD video feed, intuitive application and permanent cloud storage available for a monthly subscription.
Read also >> 8 Best Gaming Projector 2018
In 2014, Dropcam was taken over by Nest and Dropcam Pro gave way to Nest Cam Indoor. But fortunately, the design and performance of the Dropcam have been passed down to the next generations of Nest cameras and have made their reputation.
The Cloud Cam is not as robust as the Nest Cameras. Its finish is more “plastic”, it has no magnetic base and it is less easy to find the right angle with his arm mounted on a kneecap. But it offers a lot of features, settings, and options for the Nest for less. This includes free 24-hour cloud storage.
Nest Cam has a few things you’ll need: a wide field of view, a web application, 24-7 video storage (Nest Aware subscription required), audio alerts, and better home automation integration.
Note: The Amazon Cloud Cam is currently available in the US only
|Amazon Cloud Cam Security Camera, Works with Alexa||4,786 Reviews||$119.99||Buy on Amazon|
But Cloud Cam is cheaper, it offers 24-hour video storage (against a free 3-hour still image history for Nest). His subscription offer starts at 7 dollars per month while Nest is 10 dollars.
The disadvantage of this free offer is that the Cloud Cam is devoid of local storage. So you have to accept the idea that your videos are saved only on the Amazon’s AWS cloud server.
Read also >> Home Weather Station Guide: How is the Weather?
Launch the application and an “Add Camera” screen will ask you if your Cloud Cam is in association mode (the Led indicator flashes in green and blue). Select “camera in association mode” at the bottom of the screen, make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on and the app should discover your mobile. If you have difficulty, reset the camera using a paper clip using the button on the back.
Cloud Cam In Use
Alerts can be customized to receive them as they occur, or once a day or never. It is possible to adjust the sensitivity of the motion detection for which it operates at more or less long range.
The camera is also natively compatible with Alexa voice assistant via Echo Show connected speakers, Echo Spot as well as the HDMI Fire TV key and Fire tablets. With screened devices, you can ask Alexa to show you the video feed of the Cloud Cam.
There is not much to blame the Cloud Cam. This security camera is affordable, offers good performance. It is easy to use and offers many features without having to subscribe to the cloud subscription.
- Choose Lighting: How To Light Your Home
- Ergonomic Pillow Is Crucial To Your Body (New Guide)
- Now You Can Have The Spring Mattress Of Your Dreams
- The Latest Trend In Memory Foam Mattress – Secret Guide
- 15 Well Known Pocket Spring Mattress for Better Sleep (Buying Guide)
- Home Generators (Backup Generator): Why We Need Emergency Generators for Houses?
- Google Wifi: What Is The Google Router Worth?
- [Test] Google Home: More Than Promising Beginnings
- Philips Hue Review: New Connected Wellner LED Smart Lamps
- Is Green Energy Worth [$] To You? Discover Now! (Guide)
- The Best Portable Solar Charger to Reload Your Phone Ecologically!
- Your Kids Will Feast On A Mini Fitness Trampoline
- Golf Range finders: Reviews, Tests, Comparative 2018
- Garmin Golf GPS Watch, Golf Watch, Golf Cart Enclosure, Golf Rangefinder [Guide]
- ▷ Best Pool Robot Cleaner In 2018: Ranking & Buying Guide
Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products.