Contents & Navigation
Beginner metal detector – The budget
It is possible to find a metal detector to $50 on the internet but this type of merchandise comes from China and has execrable performance: the depth of detection is ridiculous (maximum 5 centimeters) and discrimination, ie the faculty of the apparatus to distinguish the metals from each other (and thus to eliminate waste) is almost zero.
To invest in a detection device for a beginner, adult or child, it is preferable to provide a range of 250 to 300 dollars. Of course, there are beginner devices more powerful but also more expensive. In this post, we will simply orient readers to a cheap beginner metal detector.
What are the criteria for a beginner metal detector?
First, the device must be easy to use! Forget the knobs to adjust and the sophisticated settings. To discover the joys of the detection of leisure, as much to leave on a simple product, usable immediately. Often, today’s devices have a screen on which appears the type of metal detected and all programs.
It is ideal because very playful. In the past, there was a simple facade with a few buttons: nowadays, almost all metal detectors are equipped with a screen that indicates:
- The program used
- The type of metal detected
- The approximate depth
- The level of the batteries
- The conductivity index (sometimes, not all).
In addition to the screen, it is also necessary to turn on a multi-tone device. It is very simple! Some metal detectors only sound in one way, only one sound! So, it is quite difficult to know if the object to detect is a metal waste or a good target;
it is necessary to train your ear for long hours before you can differentiate sounds. On the contrary, a beginners metal detector allows you to embark on this hobby immediately!
Indeed, the multi-tone device makes it possible to distinguish the metals between them and thus to no longer dig on the dirt. We can count generally three tones:
- Serious tone: it is a waste that contains iron.
- Medium: potentially interesting target, to check.
- High pitch (or bell sounds on the range of ACE Garrett): good target.
- MINELAB (especially on the entry-level).
- XP (especially for high end).
Metal detector for beginners: recommended models.
For a small budget with a good detector, we can recommend three models with good performance:
- GO FIND 60 MINELAB: futuristic look, fully foldable, easy to use, this model has it all. The cherry on the cake: it’s the only low-cost metal detector that can be used on wet beaches. Price: about $200.
- BOUNTY QUICK DRAW: the new range of the brand Bounty is just perfect to start! With 3 models, the lone-star (about $156), the quick-draw (about $141) and the Land-ranger (about $247) it offers multi-tone devices, with screen and conductivity index in front! Warranty 5 years.
- Garrett ACE 300: the last born of the American firm! It replaces the well-known Garrett ACE 400 and offers a new frequency and especially a conductivity indicator on the screen. About $365.
11 Best beginner metal detector
Qualities required to begin detection.
This hobby mixes both air and documentation. At first, you have to enjoy walking in nature, crouching, getting up, watching, walking … An exit detection can last from 1 hours to 1 day! In other words, you have to be fit!
Then, we must be patient: it’s a bit like fishing, sometimes we find, other times we come home empty handed !! In a second time, it is necessary to like to be informed. For example, when we find a currency, we try to guess its identification, to know his “pedigree”, etc.
Suffice to say that the impatient can quickly be lifted by long walks in nature in search of the metal tip, with or without value. So think carefully before you start. 🙂
- Prevent Asthma: Reduce Symptoms Of Indoor Asthma
- 54 Top Indoor Air Quality Monitor & Why We Need It, Foobot… (Complete Guide)
- Home Generators (Backup Generator): Why We Need Emergency Generators for Houses?
- Tornadoes Warning: What Can You Do About It Right Now?
Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products.