Thanks to this fitness tool that trains the balance, you can also improve posture by reducing the risk of injury: in trying to stay in balance, tone the muscles.
Contents & Navigation
In the fitness world, as in the world of tires that has brought out the famous slogan, “power is nothing without control” and this tool fully demonstrates it.
The shape is very similar to that of a skateboard, but, unlike this, the tilting platform has only one wheel to perform the exercises to improve the balance. Its shape can be octagonal or round.
Nintendo has also created its version of balance board to combine business with pleasure, training, and fun: similar to an accessory for an old Atari game, it detects movements according to the weight movements on the platform and turns them into virtual action on the TV screen.
The balance board, born in the eighties in California, has been exploited by thousands of athletes in the world, even in the preparation phase.
What is a balance board and how does it work?
They are versatile tools that help stretch, strengthen and develop those muscles and tendons of the body that you did not even know you had. In turn, these platforms or balance tables are used to train body balance, make therapies and rehabilitation, for brain development and athletic training.
They consist of a hard surface where you stand, as well as around an unstable base on which you must keep balanced, which is an excellent way to exercise and improve balance and rapid movements.
They can be made of wood or various resistant plastics.
Types of a balance board
There are several types of balance tables in the market, each with its advantages and disadvantages. Now I will tell you about them and what they are for.
This type of balance board is based on a circular table with a round dome that serves as a pivot in the lower part and that gives it a point of contact with the ground. In turn, this allows you to move in any direction.
This type of platform is commonly used for ankle rehabilitation, to develop stabilizing muscles and physiotherapy.
This type of board is different because it tilts only in two directions. Despite being different, it works in almost the same way as the oscillating one, but in reality, it ends up being less challenging and less intense.
Like the oscillating one, it can be used together with a weight-bearing exercise routine to achieve better effects, especially for beginners.
These are rectangular or oval-shaped tables that swing over the top of a cylinder or roller and move in two directions. These do not have the pivot point attached to the platform as such, giving a super dynamic movement that demands a lot. They will be ideal for functional training.
The balance point moves as the board swings from side to side. It is not advisable to add exercises with weights or that is used by children or the elderly since they can be injured if their balance moves very fast. They are perfect for surfers or kids on skateboards.
These do not work with a table, they are simple pads with an unstable and irregular surface that will allow you to work on your balance. They can be used for several exercises and have the advantage of being among the least expensive in the market. They are very popular for yoga and other similar applications.
These are very similar to the pads, but they are more round they must be inflated. Now, the advantage is that you can control the amount of air you use and up to what level they inflate, so you will always have them adjusted to any type of exercise that you want to do in your fitness routines.
This type of balancing tool is no more than a half ball on the top of a fixed and rigid platform, so it is often called a balance trainer ball, such as the popular Bosu balance balls or a Swiss ball.
It works well for all fitness levels. How cool!
III➤ Top 10 Balance Board Exercises
- GAIN NEW MUSCLE, GAIN NEW INSIGHT: Athletes and fitness gurus alike use the FIT to strengthen both body and mind. Carve core muscle groups and improve stability, flexibility, reflexes, recovery speed, and of course, balance.
- BLAST YOUR CORE, AND HAVE A BLAST DOING IT: The FIT is so fun to use, you won't know you're working out until your playlist is over.
- FUNCTIONAL CROSS TRAINING: It's the perfect FIT for sports training. Transform basic exercises your already know into an exciting full body challenge.
- GYM DUTY CONSTRUCTION: Revolution Balance Boards are built tough, by the tough, for the tough. After all, they're designed and Made In The USA.
- SYSTEM INCLUDES: FIT Board | Extra Grip Roller | 360 Air Cushion | High Density Rocker | Exercise Guide l A New Lease On Life
- FITNESS WITH FUN - Improve balance & coordination, gain strength & stability, tone abs, legs & core while also achieving a slimmer mid section - preferred choice of athletes & workout enthusiasts
- ENHANCED DESIGN - Included special bands can be effortlessly attached to the board with the help of carabiners, and help you perform resistance exercises for arms, shoulders, back & chest!
- STURDY, NON-SLIP & LIGHTWEIGHT - Made from premium quality ABS engineering plastic, it is strong & durable, boasts an Anti-Slip Surface for IMPROVED SAFETY, and proves easy to store & carry along.
- VERSATILE - Multifunctional design allows it to be used also as a Twist Board, Push-up or Plank Board, and resistance band arm & leg exerciser - your cost-effective secret to an adorably fit body!
- GUARANTEE - With our 100% RISK-FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE on this exercise balance board you have nothing to lose! Simply glance through INCLUDED GUIDE & our Youtube Channel for a great start!
- IMPROVES CORE STRENGTH - The Aduro Sport wobble balance tilt board helps improve your balance, coordination, and flexibility while targeting and strengthening core areas of your body
- SUPPORTS INJURY RECOVERY - This fitness balancing rocker board provides a stable workout rehabilitation and physical therapy for anyone trying to overcome an injury, be it adult athletes or dancers, kids playing sports, or seniors after surgery
- QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP - No need to worry about stability while standing, doing pushups or doing balance training. Each balance trainer board is made of high-quality plastic with a textured, non-slip surface for added safety
- LIGHTWEIGHT, PORTABLE DESIGN - At just under 2 lbs., our fit exercise board has a 16-degree angle, holds up to 300 lbs, and lets you take your balance board exercises with you at home, at work, at your desk, or even at the gym
- TRY 100% RISK-FREE - Our Balancer Board is backed by a no-hassle guarantee, if you have any issues with it we'll either replace it or issue you a full refund
- HIGH-QUALITY CLOSED CELL FOAM: Constructed of super soft and durable EVA foam to add more durability & safety
- TWO SIZES WITH TEXTURE NONSLIP SURFACE AVAILABLE: Comes with 2 different sizes 19x15x2.25 inch or 15.5x13.5x2 inch (LxWxH) with textured sweat proof surface to provide additional grip and prevents slipping or sliding even in sweaty workouts
- VERSATILE BALANCE PAD: Perfect for all ages & fitness levels. Can be used to increase the difficulty of common exercises like lunges, push-ups, squats, sit-ups, and yoga poses
- THERAPEUTIC BENEFITS: Specially designed to increase balance and used in rehab, physical therapy, physio. Perfect for seniors who need something gentle on their joints
- 5-YEAR WARRANTY: Our high-quality product comes with 5-year warranty and 60-day free return to give you the best satisfaction for every purchase
- GREAT FOR BALANCE TRAINING: Improves core strength, posture, enhances coordination, sense of balance and visual sense. Great to strengthen the targeted muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints
- DURABLE, NON-SLIP SURFACE: Premium Wooden Balance Board with anti-skid pad on the surface provides a secure grip for absolute safety. 15.75" diameter large enough for both feet. Support up to 300 lbs
- 360 DEGREE ROTATION - 15 DEGREE TILTING ANGLE: 360 degrees rotation and up to 15 tilting degree - Great to perform side-to-side, front-to-back, stretch & circular drills
- VERSATILE, COMPACT BALANCE BOARD: With the lightweight, portable design, this balance board is great for Balance Exercises, Home Gyms, Gyms, Sport Performance Enhancement, Rehabilitation, and Strength & Balance Workouts
- BEST SATISFACTION WARR: We fully stand behind our products. If our product does not meet your needs, our customer service are free-hassle to resolve your issue at once
- INFINITELY ADJUSTABLE - From super easy to very challenging, no other Balance Board gives you the same level of adjustability as our patent pending system. Improve at your own pace
- EXTREMELY VERSATILE BALANCE TRAINER: Designed so my grandma could improve her balance, it soon became clear that anyone could benefit from a fully adjustable balance trainer. Improve your strength, flexibility and core!
- REHAB INJURIES AT HOME - More control over your workout means you can heal faster and safer in the comfort of home.
- PERFECT FOR STANDING DESK - Get the most most from your standing desk. You can workout while you work!
- PORTABLE - Small and light weight so you can use it anywhere.
- BALANCE TRAINING - improves response time, enhances coordination, corrects posture, and maximizes your sense of balance and sturdiness.
- CORE STRENGTH - our balance board provides and unstable foundation that challenges your core and hips - maximizing functional strength and stability.
- PHYSICAL THERAPY RECOMMENDED - designed and endorsed by physical therapists. Weighing just under 3 lbs the Gradient Fitness wobble board is perfect for rehabilitation clinics or in-home use.
- NON-SLIP DURABLE DESIGN - measuring 15.5 inches - our premium wood balance board and anti-slip surface is made with quality craftsmanship that will stand up to daily wear and tear.
- BORN IN THE USA - Gradient Fitness is proudly owned and operated out of Rochester, NY
- Clean and stylish design means the Plane can live anywhere, whether a work environment or your family room
- Compact and easy-to-use, easily stored out of the way
- The Plane is designed and built in California, USA, is composed of recycled materials, and is recyclable
- 83% of our users are happier when they're on one of our decks
- The Plane can accommodate weight up to 200-lbs.
- Balance board provides a fun and healthy way to stand at work
- Simple low-impact, movement engages the stabilizing muscles of your back, core, hips, legs and ankles
- Improves posture and balance while increasing standing stamina
- Measures 16" D
- Textured surface provides secure grip
- Improve balance and make quick gains in range of motion
- Useful for PNF stretching (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation), an exercise used by chiropractors, physical therapists, occupational therapists, massage therapists, athletic trainers, and others
- Drastically improve your balance skill and body control, all while getting a workout. Even better than that? The 101 balance board is super fun to use! | Designed & Made in the USA |
- Bombproof 11-ply hardwood construction with high quality finish and clean design. Soft-Trak gripped top deck is comfortable with or without shoes.
- Smooth rolling lightweight and ultra tough roller reduces vibration and sound.
- Full freedom of movement, no tracks or grooves. Roller stops on the base keep you in control.
Why would you benefit from a balance board?
- They are ideal for strengthening the nucleus because they force you to use those stabilizing muscles that you surely have forgotten.
- By having better balance, reduce the chances of you injuring yourself by silly falls.
- They can train even the smallest muscles that we always overlook.
- They are totally healthy for the brain because they allow you to be more alert, improve your reactions and control your body better.
- They will make you more competitive and you will notice improvements in the performance to have more fit and strong muscles.
- They burn a lot of calories! Yes, they are ideal for losing weight because they make you work hard.
- As you will have to concentrate only on maintaining balance and coordination, you will not have to make too many movements or receive impacts, so they are perfect to recover from injuries or for people with reduced mobility.
- They give better pelvic stability and in the hips.
Factors to consider when choosing the best balance board
Design / Specialty
Each platform has specific uses and benefits, so you have to know what and how you want to train to choose a type of board.
Price / Value
Come on! Everything has its price and, the better the model, it will be less affordable.
For beginners, the most recommended are the big and resistant that support falls and all that learning curve of the first uses.
Size of the user
The size and height of the user are also important when buying a good platform. It should always be adapted to the size of the feet, height, and texture.
Come, that a good platform has to hold enough weight in each session, so it has to be of good quality, with resistant materials, a non-slip surface, and about 2 cm thick.
The maximum weight allowed by the platform must always be greater than that of the user. The ideal is about 158 kg.
Balance board: exercises to be performed
To start using it, go up the balance board moving gently from right to left, and then speed up the movement.
The rule is: the edge of the platform must never touch the ground.
Move on the platform with a circular motion (like a circle) back and forth, at a regular pace. It may seem easy but it is not, at least at the beginning.
This is a way to warm up and prepare for actual training.
If you want to tone your abs, lie down on the platform keeping your back straight and legs outstretched: swing from right to left, moving from behind forward for about 10 minutes. Change position and make a circular motion with knees resting on the balance board and hands on hips.
You can increase the difficulty of this exercise, when you feel ready, alternating the weight of the body first on one leg and then on the other, taking care to always keep the foot in the middle of the platform.
Changing exercise, stretch your arms on the platform and make some bending or lie down on it and perform some abdominals.
To perform the classic crunch, lie down on your back with the platform under your back: swing your body back and forth, right and left.
Listening to music, as with any physical activity, everything will seem easier and more fun.
Never use the balance board on surfaces which are too smooth and unstable.
Related Sports Posts:
- Why Are Essential Oils For Yoga The Most Trending Thing Now?
- DoTERRA Essential Oils Reviews: The Trending Stuff About doTERRA
- Yoga Block or Yoga Brick: How to Choose Your?
- 10 Things You Most Likely Didn’t Know About Electric Scooters Battery.
- Which Hoverboard Should I Buy? [New Guide]
- Electric Scooters For Adults: Which Best Scooter To Buy?
- Electric Scooter Vs Hoverboard: How To Choose?
- 35 Best Electric Skateboards: For Cool People Who Are Also Totally Lazy
- Boxing Training Equipment Is Essential For Your Success (Quick Start)
- Find The Right Running Overpronation Shoes To Avoid Overpronation Pain
- 4 Types Of Shoes Every Man & Women Needs For Every Occasion
- ASICS Womens Running Shoes – 100 Stylish Shoe Hacks You’ll Wish You’d Known About Sooner
- The Best Metal Detectors Of 2018 [Best Brands]
- Choose Your Metal Detecting Accessories Kit
- 10 Best Kids Metal Detector – On A Shoestring Budget
Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products.