Pool Robots – Buying Guide, Grading, and Testing in 2018
Maintaining a pool can sometimes be a real ordeal for some. That’s why engineers have created robots to do this. Given the multitude of models that exist, how to make sure that you will make the right choice?
Knowing that it is based on the dimensions of the pool and its length, but also on the materials with which the pool was designed, we offer the following models.
The 2001 Maytronics Dolphin is a little toy-like robot, but with some automation to minimize the controls you need to keep your pool clean. Dolphin Nautilus stands out from the others with having a remote control that allows you to remotely adjust the cleaning sessions of your pool.
Read also >> Golf Range finders: Reviews, Tests, Comparative 2018
For this model, even these sessions are programmable, that is to say, that at the end of the duration indicated beforehand with the command the small machine stops all alone.
Contents & Navigation
- How to choose a good pool robot?
- The operating mode of the pool robot
- The coating of the pool
- The size of the pool
- ▷ 12 Best Pool Robot Cleaner (Swimming Pool Robots)
- III➤ Dolphin 99996403-PC Dolphin Nautilus
- III➤ Dolphin Premier Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
- III➤ Dolphin Nautilus with CleverClean Robotic Pool Cleaner
- III➤ Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
- III➤ POOL ROVER S2 40, US, JET, 115VAC/48VDC, BLUE
- III➤ Aquabot AJET122 Pool Rover S2-50 Robotic Pool Cleaner
- III➤ Hayward RC9740CUB SharkVac Robotic Pool Cleaner Vacuum
- III➤ Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
- III➤ Dolphin Triton Plus Best Pool Robot Cleaner – PowerStream & Bluetooth
- III➤ Aquabot Junior Automatic Robotic In Ground Pool Cleaner
- III➤ Dolphin 99996323 Dolphin Nautilus Best Pool Robot Cleaner
- III➤ Dolphin 99996356 Dolphin Triton Best Pool Robot Cleaner
- Choosing the Best Pool Robot Cleaner: practical tips
- Choosing the best robot for the pool: the comparative
- How to use a pool robot?
- Begin by understanding the operation of the machine
- Use it at good frequencies
- Pay attention to the electric cable
- Maintain your pool robot
- The most popular brands
How to choose a good pool robot?
Our tips for buying a good pool robot look at mastering certain features of this product to easily recognize the one that can meet your needs. Through this guide to buying the best pool robots, we will save you time in your research by explaining these features.
These features include the mode of operation of the pool robot, the coating and the size of the pool.
The operating mode of the pool robot
To find out how to buy a better value pool robot, it is essential to gather some information about how this product works. Consideration of this feature allows you to know and opt for only the product that corresponds to the intended use of this device.
A pool robot can perform cleaning through two types of function namely the suction function and the cleaning function. The first function allows you to remove trash or all kinds of dirt in your pool;
While the second function allows both to remove dirt and clean the bottom and walls of your pool. Make sure, that the model that suits you has the function adapted to your needs to avoid you to opt for the wrong product.
In case you have time to sweep your pool from time to time, you can opt for a model that sucks only dirt that floats in the pool water without worrying about the bottom and walls. On the other hand, if you do not have time to do this, a model with a cleaning function would be useful for you.
Read also >> Best 2018 Golf GPS Watch: Reviews, Comparison
The coating of the pool
Before you ask where to buy a new pool robot, you will need to know which model can effectively clean your pool liner. The knowledge of this feature ensures the efficiency of the use of a given model for cleaning your pool.
The coating of a swimming pool may consist of concrete, shell, liner, tile or PVC. A Robot suitable for cleaning a concrete pool cannot effectively clean a liner pool. That’s why you need to be informed right from the start what kind of coating you want to buy.
You can also opt for one of these versatile models that adapt to any type of coating if you do not want to take chances.
Read also >> Home Weather Station Guide: How is the Weather?
The size of the pool
In order to be able to focus on the price comparison, you should inquire about the compatibility of the model that interests you to the size of your pool. This feature avoids you to opt for a model that does not allow to quickly clean your pool because of its incompatibility with its size.
Normally, it is already indicated in the description of each model of Robot pool, the size of the pool which it will be able to clean. Just check this and compare it to your pool. Considering this feature allows you to save time with each cleaning and to know in advance if you need to have items like cable or long pipe.
▷ 12 Best Pool Robot Cleaner (Swimming Pool Robots)
III➤ Dolphin 99996403-PC Dolphin Nautilus
- Top load filter! Easy access, top load filter cartridge. Easy to clean. Rinse & reload
- No more tangling! Patented swivel cable allows complete pool coverage
- Scrubs, vacuums and filters all pool surfaces in just 2.5 hours
- Fine & ultra-fine filters! Dual scrubbing brushes remove leaves, dirt, particulates and algae
- 2 year limited warranty! Covers parts & labor (not wearables)
III➤ Dolphin Premier Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
- MultiMedia Now Included - New Dolphin Premier offers up to four types of media in one robot. Dual filter cartridges + oversized bag included.
- Latest evolution of commercial grade DC motors reduce energy use up to 87%. Microprocessor controlled Smart-Nav software delivers highly optimized scanning and coverage for a new level of clean.
- This game changing swivel system provides unlimited 360 degree rotation for tangle free operation. The underwater robotic cable swivel is one of the greatest engineering accomplishments in the pool cleaner industry.
- Premier reaches deep with dual scrubbing brushes to scrub the pool surface and then vacuum it away so you don't have to.
- 3 year warranty with no-nonsense rapid repair. Not pro-rated. Not limited to hours or cycles. With a warranty that's 50% longer than the nearest competitor, it's the best in the industry.
III➤ Dolphin Nautilus with CleverClean Robotic Pool Cleaner
- New!! 50% lighter, LG capacity top load filtration and enhanced features
- The Dolphin Nautilus CC cleans the floor and walls
- Clever Clean Technology that systematically scans your pool to determine most efficient path, regardless of shape or surface resulting in clean pool every time
- Active brush for effective scrubbing and cleaning
- Easy to clean Top Load filter basket that captures debris and filters water
III➤ Dolphin Escape Robotic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
- Sleek design for above ground pools, an above-ground cleaner at an unthinkable cost.
- No messy bags! Large and in charge oversized debris cartridge holds up to 60% more debris
- Hypergrip Continuous Tracks - Travels with tracks instead of wheels for improved traction
- Hyperbrush Active Scrubbing brush helps scrub away hard to remove contaminants
- SmartNav 2.0 Robotic Scanning to optimize cleaning patterns Only 14 lbs. Energy Efficient 24 Volt DC motors. One year warranty
III➤ POOL ROVER S2 40, US, JET, 115VAC/48VDC, BLUE
- Robotic pool cleaner designed for all pool shapes and surfaces up to 40-feet; ideal for above-ground pools
- Cleans pool floor, cove and partial wall with radius (minimum 6")
- Top access to filter media; filters 80-85 gallons per minute
- Includes 40' kink free, EZ swivel cable
- Sleek design allows for maximum maneuvering through the pool
III➤ Aquabot AJET122 Pool Rover S2-50 Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Robotic pool cleaner designed for all pool shapes and surfaces up to 50-feet; Ideal for above-ground or small in-ground pools
- Features two brushes to agitate dirt and debris for a deeper clean, 1 filter basket for fine dirt and debris
- Cleans pool floor, cove and partial wall with radius (minimum 6")
- Top access to filter media; filters 80-85 gallons per minute
- Includes 50-foot kink free, EZ swivel cable. Improved tread that allows better traction
III➤ Hayward RC9740CUB SharkVac Robotic Pool Cleaner Vacuum
- Uses smart steering technology that provides an efficient cleaning pattern, scouring pool floors and coves in just about 2 hours
- Runs separately from the pool's filtration system reducing the frequency of filter backwash cycles; Top-access filter allows quick debris removal and easy cleanup
- No extra hoses, hookups or pumps required; 2 fine porosity filter elements - just remove and rinse with garden hose, no need to turn cleaner over to empty
- Top-access cartridge filter allows quick debris removal and easy cleanup
- SharkVac cleans pool floor only
III➤ Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner
- 4-wheel drive robotic cleaner outfitted with Aqua-Trax tires for all pool surfaces
- ActivMotion Sensor Technology for unmatchable navigation, even in larger and free-from pools.Cable Length:70 feet Cable
- Vortex Vacuum Technology allows cleaner to pick up larger debris while maintaining maximum suction
- Rear water propulsion system allows cleaner to reach debris under stairs and in tight corners
- Includes 7-day programmable timer, hand held remote and powder coated alloy caddy. Remote control : Yes. Motion-Sensing
III➤ Dolphin Triton Plus Best Pool Robot Cleaner – PowerStream & Bluetooth
- Remote Controllable! Sync with your smart phone via Bluetooth to spot clean extra dirty areas
- 50% lighter! Lightweight design for easy water extraction
- Power Stream Technology provides constant grip on vertical surfaces for superior wall and waterline cleaning. Dual scrubbing brushes provide a deeper cleaning
- Large filter capacity! Easy access, top load filter basket. Easy to clean. Rinse & reload
- Fine & ultra-fine filters! Removes leaves, dirt, particulates and algae
III➤ Aquabot Junior Automatic Robotic In Ground Pool Cleaner
- DESIGNED FOR ALL IN-GROUND POOL shapes and sizes. Safe for all surfaces including vinyl - Long 50 ft. cable
III➤ Dolphin 99996323 Dolphin Nautilus Best Pool Robot Cleaner
- Drop and go. Easy-to-use, light weight single button plug and play in-ground robotic pool vacuum with a 1 year assurance.
- Swim more, work less. Dual scrubbing brushes attack tough dirt and debris.
- Pool cleaning made easy. Cleans pool floor, cove and walls ideal for swimming pools up to 50 feet in 3 hours.
- No hoses or booster pump required. Anti-tangling patented swivel cable technology that provides uninterrupted hassle free pool cleaning.
- Work less, save more. 8X more energy efficient than suction and pressure cleaners.
III➤ Dolphin 99996356 Dolphin Triton Best Pool Robot Cleaner
- Cleans pool floor, cove and walls
- Recommended for in-ground residential pools up to 50 ft. in length
- The Dolphin Triton is an advanced robotic cleaner with exceptional features and patented technology at an affordable price
Choosing the Best Pool Robot Cleaner: practical tips
Buying a pool robot is not a whim because we have found a robot that looks good on sale or in the bargain box. It is a purchase that must be well thought out and analyzed because it is mandatory to consider many criteria that are:
- Type of coating with which the robot is compatible (tiling or other)
- Possibility for the robot to work on inclined planes (essential for cleaning walls)
- Filtration capacity. The smaller it is, the better the robot
- Brush type available to the pool robot (if it is a brush robot)
- Pump flow of the robot which must be as high as possible
- The weight of the robot. This is a criterion not to neglect, especially if it is a robot that must be moved and oriented like the vacuum robot
- Type of waste storage bin (we often have a choice between a plastic bag and a cassette)
In addition to these 7 points, you must also learn about:
- The duration of the cleaning cycle of the pool robot
- The need to guide the pool robot manually or not
- The robot’s ability to clean the pool, but also the walls and other nooks of the pool
Finally, in the case of a brush robot, it is important to check the material in which the teeth of the brush were made. In general, the brush is rubber with soft teeth that can fit into the joints of the tiles and perform a thorough cleaning. This type of brush is also ideal for a rough coating such as a swimming pool.
By cons, for a pool equipped with a liner, it is advisable to use a soft brush, whose teeth are made of foam. These brushes are less aggressive, and we are sure by using them not to damage the liner that guarantees the tightness of the pool.
Choosing the best robot for the pool: the comparative
Overall, we have the choice between a hydraulic robot and an electric robot. The hydraulic robot, whether it is a pressure or vacuum robot, remains the least expensive option. The trouble with this type of robot is that neither of the 2 options is perfect.
Read also >> Best Air Quality Monitor & Why We Need It
The pressurized model requires the installation of a presser, which represents an additional expense, and the suction model does not clean the walls. And in both cases, it will often be necessary to clean the filter of the swimming pool which will be solicited.
However, using a hydraulic robot is a good compromise if the pool to clean is not very spacious, and if you do not have a huge budget. It can be purchased in a range of 100 to 500 euros, or more, for the most advanced models.
The electric robot is the optimal solution … and the most expensive. It cleans the entire pool in principle, and once started, we can leave it and go to other occupations. However, and this is its main disadvantage, it must be ensured that it is not too heavy to move, or that it has a cord long enough to be connected safely. In the case where it operates thanks to a battery, the duration of its autonomy must be as long as possible.
How to use a pool robot?
Cleaning your swimming pool as often as you need can cause a lot of inconveniences, especially for hotels and restaurants. We have neither the time nor the energy to spend on this, that it is better to delegate the task to a robot that will handle it properly. And as the use of this type of tool is always delicate, it is important to do well not to hurt unnecessarily.
Begin by understanding the operation of the machine
The pool robot is if you want a kind of robot vacuum, but for the pool: so waterproof everywhere. It does not need to be guided or controlled remotely. This innovation works autonomously and with water in the basin, not without. Inform your entourage of the hours of operation of the machine and prohibit any bathing during this time.
Use it at good frequencies
If a large number of people come regularly to bathe in the swimming pool, it will be necessary to clean it several times in the week up to 2 times a day. In this case, you will need a powerful model that is sustainable.
Pay attention to the electric cable
To avoid causing accidents or damage to the power wire, remember to unroll it properly before immersing the device in the pool. Do not use it to pull the robot or to deposit it at the bottom. Put it on a suitable platform that you will gradually go down.
Make sure the cable does not slip to a corner where it could get caught. And when everything is safe and reliable, there you can connect the device. Prefer a model like the Maytronics Dolphin 2001 with an 18 m long cable, more secure. The copy is also delivered with a storage space adapted to take good care of it.
Repeat the operation to make sure everything is clean
After the pool vacuum has finished raking the entire area, especially if a significant amount of deposits has accumulated in the pool, redo it one more lap to keep everything flawless.
Never take out the robot to turn it off and unplug it
You are likely to electrocute yourself by doing this. As long as the unit is in the water, unplug it. Give yourself a few minutes, then take it out. And if you’re worried about accidents, take a product like the Intex Hayward Buggy that can run without electricity. All he needs is a filter pump that turns the water right.
Maintain your pool robot
Given the intensive use that some cases require for this appliance, it should be carefully cared for and maintained properly. So after each use, be sure to drain all the water. Disassemble the bag and filter for cleaning.
Put them back in once dry and clean and store the robot in a dry place, in the shade, until it serves you. Check that your purchase is sold with extra filters and brushes like the Zodiac – ov3400.
The most popular brands
This is a company specializing in the design of the nautical equipment. Expert in the manufacture of motor boats, the brand also focused on the need for comfort and practicality of users with pool owners.
Whether you have a type of pool above ground, standard, complex shapes or a collective, you can count on the product lines offered by the brand for all categories of the pool. With their innovative technologies, you will not risk lifting a finger when it comes to cleaning your pond. Simple to use and powerful, they are fully autonomous and have multiple features to bring you satisfactory results on all levels.
A leader in the market for inflatable boats and liferafts, Zodiac has also started producing equipment and equipment for cleaning swimming pools. You will be able to meet a wide range of products that can meet your needs and your expectations once on the site of the sign or in a specialized store.
You can then find electric, hydraulic or pressure models. These device categories, in turn, feature a wide variety of devices that you can select depending on the type of pool you have in your possession. The performance and practicality are combined by the brand to provide optimum comfort during the use of its specimens.
Hayward is a must-have brand if you are looking for equipment or materials related to pool activities. It is best known for the design and production of filtration systems for these types of ponds.
And if you also need a robot-cleaner, you have at your disposal a wide variety of items offered by the brand. Since 1964, the brand has specialized in the field to provide the maximum comfort for the satisfaction of its users. With his expertise, Hayward has provided his devices with practical innovations that allow them to easily adapt to the multiple expectations of consumers.
Intex is especially known in the design of above ground pool and inflatable mattresses. The brand is also sought for its unbeatable prices.
As for the robot-cleaners of the brand, it will be easy to find the model that will meet your expectations. Indeed, you will have the opportunity to come across a variety of devices as design and performance as each other. No matter what kind of pool you have in your possession, the performance of Intex specimens will bring you complete satisfaction.
It is unlikely to speak of pool equipment without pronouncing the Polaris brand. The brand is well known in the market for the design of quality articles that offer an interesting longevity thanks to their materials of manufacture.
With the advancement of technology, the manufacturer has also started producing robots-cleaners. Whether you are a professional or an amateur in the field, the maintenance of your pond can take a practical and pleasant turn in the use of one of its references. They will guarantee you a job that is both fast and efficient.
- Home Weather Station Guide: How is the Weather?
- Choose Lighting: How To Light Your Home
- 18 Tips That Will Make You Guru In House Clean
- Ergonomic Pillow Is Crucial To Your Body (New Guide)
- Now You Can Have The Spring Mattress Of Your Dreams
- The Latest Trend In Memory Foam Mattress – Secret Guide
- Why Are Essential Oils For Yoga The Most Trending Thing Now?
- DoTERRA Essential Oils Reviews: The Trending Stuff About doTERRA
- 15 Well Known Pocket Spring Mattress for Better Sleep (Buying Guide)
- Yoga Block or Yoga Brick: How to Choose Your?
- Electric Scooters Battery – 10 Things You Most Likely Didn’t Know
- Which Cheap Electric Hoverboard Should You Buy? [Buyer’s Guide]
- Electric Scooters For Adults: Which Best Adult Scooter To Buy?
- Electric Scooter Vs Hoverboard: How To Choose?
- 35 Best Electric Skateboards: For Cool People Who Are Also Totally Lazy
Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products.