How do you have to clean your diving goggles so that they fog up?
The steam that we produce when exhaling some air through the nose often tarnishes the crystals of our mask and suddenly, we hardly see anything.
So, it’s, all the same, to rub with your hand, because the fog does not go away and the most practical thing is to take off our glasses and clean them with water, but when we’re diving at a certain depth it’s really uncomfortable.
Is there a trick to avoid this annoying fogging?
Between the picture you have on these lines and the next picture, there is a world, right? Imagine the task that supposes that when everyone enjoys the sighting of a turtle, a flute fish or a stingray, you have the mask covered with mist and you miss the best of the immersion.
There are several methods to clean the mask or diving goggles to avoid fogging. The most traditional one gets a lot of attention the first time you see it put into practice. It consists of spitting on the inside of the crystals and “massaging” with the saliva all its surface.
After a brief clarification, it is perfect. Most divers use this system doing it both inside and outside the mask’s lenses. But in addition to saliva, there are more possibilities to leave our crystals free of steam.
In specialized stores and in all diving schools, they sell special anti-fog liquids, suitable for this function. Many Divers carry them in their bag or diving backpack and as with a droplet it is enough, the usual thing is to invite the one who does not have so that they do not get fogged up.
5 Best anti-fog spray for goggles
They usually come in tubes of ointment or in plastic bottles the size of a lighter. The price of these liquids or creams is not cheap, but for its effectiveness and for what lasts the boat may be worth it, although there is a cheaper procedure.
I met him on a diving trip on the island of Curaçao that I’ll talk about, and it’s as simple as carrying a small bottle of shampoo for children, which does not irritate his eyes.
We put some dry drops on each glass, inside and out, we extend them with circular movements. Next, we rinse lightly and we already have our mask protected from fogging.
Since I learned this trick, I already know how to clean the diving glasses so they do not fog up, and hardly spend money. It is a great trick, cheap and especially effective because it works.
Since then, in my diving trips, I always carry those mini size baby shampoo bottles and I do not worry about it anymore. Did you know this trick?
Related Sports Posts:
- How To Travel With Allergies: Allergy Prevention Tips (Guide)
- Traveling with allergies – Portable Air Purifiers can help.
- Why Are Essential Oils For Yoga The Most Trending Thing Now?
- DoTERRA Essential Oils Reviews: The Trending Stuff About doTERRA
- 45 Best DoTERRA Oils That Will Make Your Life Better (New Guide)
- Yoga Block or Yoga Brick: How to Choose Your?
- 10 Things You Most Likely Didn’t Know About Electric Scooters Battery.
- Which Hoverboard Should I Buy? [New Guide]
- Electric Scooters For Adults: Which Best Scooter To Buy?
- Electric Scooter Vs Hoverboard: How To Choose?
- 35 Best Electric Skateboards: For Cool People Who Are Also Totally Lazy
- Boxing Training Equipment Is Essential For Your Success (Quick Start)
- Find The Right Running Shoes To Avoid Overpronation
- Philips Hue Review: New Connected Wellner LED Smart Lamps
- 4 Types Of Shoes Every Man & Women Needs For Every Occasion
Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products.