It is a natural mechanism that the body uses to absorb the impact of the feet on the ground and transfer it during the propulsion phase of a run.
Contents & Navigation
- What is an overpronation of the foot?
- Signs and symptoms of overpronation
- How To Correct Overpronation – Treatments and solutions
- Shoe Solutions
- Insoles for overpronation
- Best Overpronation Shoes brands for overpronation:
What is an overpronation of the foot?
Overpronation occurs when the foot and ankle are unrolled to the outside.
- It is actually a biomechanical problem that may have a natural cause or occur as a result of injury, excessive movement or use of bad shoes.
- Over-pronation can lead to short and long-term injury to both the feet and the neck! However, this does not mean that you can never participate in races.
Signs and symptoms of overpronation
Over-pronation is characterized by:
- An inclination towards the inside of the ankles during a shift of the weight.
- Flattening of the arch.
- Excessive wear on the outside of the heel of the shoe.
To check if you have a flattened arch, stand on a light colored floor such as concrete with wet feet. The footprints left should show an accentuated bow.
An examination of your walk can also be done on a treadmill. Symptoms of overpronation may include:
- Pain in the arch of the feet.
- Pain in the big toes.
- Pain in the ankles and tibia.
- Pain in the Achilles tendon.
- Pain in the knees, legs, hips, back and even neck.
If you think you are suffering from over-pronation, you should consult a medical specialist and obtain an official diagnosis.
How To Correct Overpronation – Treatments and solutions
- The best way to treat the symptoms of overpronation is to rest.
- Massage and stretching sessions can also speed recovery.
- Exercises to strengthen the arches and correct your walk are also recommended.
- However, if you want to keep running and avoid injury, you may need to buy shoes specifically designed for this purpose.
The most commonly used solutions for shoes are:
- Reinforced running shoes.
- Running shoes with controlled movement.
- Orthoses sold in supermarkets.
- Personalized orthoses / under medical prescription.
In particularly serious cases, a combination of shoes and orthoses may be necessary.
Reinforced shoes are intended for people with mild overpronation.
- These shoes are less versatile than normal running shoes and are designed with stiffer twists and more pronounced vaults.
- Their midsoles have been made to allow a better gait.
Controlled movement shoes are intended for people with more severe overpronation.
- These are even less flexible and stiffer than the reinforced shoes and are specially designed to control the movement of the foot from any advanced mechanical pronation.
Orthopedic insoles are intended to help you prevent overpronation.
- These can either be bought over the counter or made to measure and exist as a support for the entire foot or part of the foot length.
A certain degree of overpronation is a fairly common problem among runners. However, if you suffer from it, this is not the end of your running career. In the worst case, you will need to use a specially designed running shoe with a custom-made orthopedic insole.
Insoles for overpronation
|Spenco Total Support Max Shoe Insoles, Women's 11-12.5/Men's 10-11.5||1,005 Reviews||$29.41||Buy on Amazon|
|Powerstep Pinnacle Maxx Full Length Orthotic Shoe Insoles ,Maroon/Black, Men's 7-7.5/ Women's 9 -...||3,333 Reviews||$38.95 $31.16||Buy on Amazon|
|Powerstep Full Length Orthotic Shoe Insoles Original, Blue/Black, Men's 7-7.5, Women's 9-9.5||3,939 Reviews||$30.95 $24.76||Buy on Amazon|
|Orthotics for Flat Feet by NAZAROO-Shoe Insoles Perfect For Alleviating Heel Pain, Plantar...||1,547 Reviews||$14.89 from $14.69||Buy on Amazon|
|Dr. Foot's Full Orthotics Shoe Insoles - Arch Support inserts Correct Flat Feet, Over-pronation,...||108 Reviews||from $17.99||Buy on Amazon|
Best Overpronation Shoes brands for overpronation:
Best Saucony Overpronation Shoes
|Saucony Women's Grid Stratos 5 Silver/Black/Pink 9 B US||251 Reviews||from $49.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Saucony Women's Hurricane 16 Running Shoe,Grey/Green/Pink,5 M US||295 Reviews||$79.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Saucony Omni 15 Wide||181 Reviews||$64.99 from $51.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Saucony Ride 10 Narrow||212 Reviews||$95.95 from $26.74||Buy on Amazon|
|Saucony Women's Hurricane Iso 4 Running Shoe, Grey/Blue/Purple, 7.5 W US||7 Reviews||$164.99 $164.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Saucony Omni 15 Wide||239 Reviews||$130.00 from $78.49||Buy on Amazon|
|Saucony Men's Omni 13 Running Shoe,Silver/Red/Black,10.5 W US||291 Reviews||$99.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Saucony Men's Redeemer ISO Running Shoe, Black/Blue,12 M US||218 Reviews||$150.00 from $41.76||Buy on Amazon|
|Saucony Women's Redeemer Iso Running Shoe, Silver/Grey, 10 M US||236 Reviews||$79.90||Buy on Amazon|
New Balance Overpronation Shoes
|New Balance Men's 990v4, Grey, 12 D US||1,647 Reviews||$179.95 from $103.15||Buy on Amazon|
|New Balance Women's WW846 Walking Shoe,White/Pink,8.5 B||124 Reviews||from $69.00||Buy on Amazon|
|New Balance Men's 770v2 Royal/Black 11 EE US EE - Wide||56 Reviews||$129.95||Buy on Amazon|
|New Balance Women's 1260V7, Dark Grey/Purple, 7.5 2E US||29 Reviews||$149.95||Buy on Amazon|
Mizuno Overpronation Shoes
|Mizuno Women's Wave Inspire 14 Running Shoe, Black/Silver, 8 B US||15 Reviews||$129.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Mizuno Women's Wave Horizon 2 Running Shoe, Monument/Aquarius, 7 B US||22 Reviews||$159.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Mizuno Men's Wave Inspire 14 Running Shoe, Silver/Directoire Blue, 10.5||92 Reviews||from $129.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Mizuno Wave Horizon 2 Men's Running Shoes, Blue Sapphire/Bright Marigold/Black, 8 D US||33 Reviews||$159.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Mizuno Wave Rider 21 Men's Running Shoes, Eclipse, 9.5 D US||297 Reviews||$119.95 $100.48||Buy on Amazon|
|Mizuno Wave Rider 21 Men's Running Shoes, Quiet Shade/Silver, 10.5 2E US||297 Reviews||$119.95 from $80.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 20 Running Shoe, Light Grey/Black, 11 D US||330 Reviews||from $119.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Mizuno Women's Wave Inspire 13 Running Shoe, Malibu Blue/Pink, 8.5 B US||239 Reviews||$119.99 from $119.95||Buy on Amazon|
Overpronation Shoes brooks
Overpronation Shoes shoes Nike
|NIKE Free RN Distance 2 Mens Running Shoes (13 D(M) US)||33 Reviews||$119.95 from $63.87||Buy on Amazon|
|Nike Men's Free RN Distance, BLACK/PURE PLATINUM-JADE GLAZE-HST 10.5||896 Reviews||$119.95 from $49.00||Buy on Amazon|
|NIKE Women's Free Rn Distance 2 Black/White Cool Grey Running Shoe (8.5)||33 Reviews||$69.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Nike Zoom Winflo 4 Hyper Orange/Black/Track Red/White Men's Running Shoes Size 14 M||46 Reviews||$119.95 from $67.75||Buy on Amazon|
|Nike Roshe One - 511881 026||513 Reviews||$75.00 $49.47||Buy on Amazon|
Asics Overpronation Shoes (Women’s Shoes)
Asics Overpronation Shoes (Men’s Shoes)
- 54 Top Indoor Air Quality Monitor & Why We Need It, Foobot… (Complete Guide)
- Home Weather Station Guide: How is the Weather?
- Choose Lighting: How To Light Your Home
- 18 Tips That Will Make You Guru In House Clean
- Chocolate Weight Loss: An Incredibly Easy Method That Works For All
- Chocolate Facts: Cracking The True Or False On Chocolate Code
- Ergonomic Pillow Is Crucial To Your Body (New Guide)
- Now You Can Have The Spring Mattress Of Your Dreams
- The Latest Trend In Memory Foam Mattress – Secret Guide
- Why Are Essential Oils For Yoga The Most Trending Thing Now?
- DoTERRA Essential Oils Reviews: The Trending Stuff About doTERRA
- 45 Best DoTERRA Oils That Will Make Your Life Better (New Guide)
- 15 Well Known Pocket Spring Mattress for Better Sleep (Buying Guide)
- Aloe Vera Weight Loss: All You Need To Know (New Guide)
- Yoga Block or Yoga Brick: How to Choose Your?
- Electric Scooters Battery – 10 Things You Most Likely Didn’t Know
- Which Cheap Electric Hoverboard Should You Buy? [Buyer’s Guide]
- Electric Scooters For Adults: Which Best Adult Scooter To Buy?
- Electric Scooter Vs Hoverboard: How To Choose?
- 35 Best Electric Skateboards: For Cool People Who Are Also Totally Lazy
Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products.