Contents & Navigation
- Definition of a Golf GPS Watch
- Advantages of a GPS Golf Watch
- Disadvantages of a golf GPS watch
- Conclusion & Assessment on Golf GPS Watches
- ▷ Top 7 Golf GPS Watches
- ▷ Top 3 Golf Cart Enclosure
- ▷ Top 3 Golfing Range Finder
Definition of a Golf GPS Watch
Buying a golf GPS watch can be a confusing experience for an amateur golfer. There are so many models available on the market … Which one to choose, on which criteria to base one’s reflection? The price, the features? Here are the advantages and disadvantages of using a golf GPS watch, to help you see more clearly.
Read also >> Golf Range finders: Reviews, Tests, Comparative 2018
Advantages of a GPS Golf Watch
Owning a golf GPS watch can quickly become indispensable, once you see all the benefits that this has.
# 1. Lightness
Modern golf GPS watches are extremely light. Lighter than traditional watches (those that only show you ‘time’). They are designed to be worn during a round of golf. It is, therefore, possible to achieve a full golf swing without being disturbed. Very quickly, you will not feel it at all. Consulting the watch to watch the distance to the green will become a reflex.
# 2. Always on you
Unlike golf rangefinders, the GPS watch is designed to be permanently within the golfer’s reach. No need to waste time looking for it at the bottom of your bag, it is always in the same place, attached to your wrist. No need, like the golf rangefinder, to take it out of its little protective case, because there is none! The golf GPS watch is elegantly worn, always available for consultation.
# 3. Real-time information
When you’re on a golf course, in the middle of a big game with your friends, or competing, it’s nice to just have to worry about your golf game, to focus on what’s really count, the next golf shot! The one we are going to be confronted with. As we know, mental attitude is very important in many sports but is absolutely essential in golf.
Even if the playing time ‘effective’ is less than five minutes, in a four-hour game, there is no time to lose. The golf watch is active at all times. The information is available on the dial, in real time, step by step, after step, to the nearest meter. It’s fast as lightning, just read the indications available on the screen, and which vary depending on the watch model.
# 4. Precision
Golf is a very complicated sport. There is a big barrier to entry, which the uninitiated may have difficulty perceiving. Indeed, on television, it seems so easy. The golfers perform feats, absolutely succeed all their shots. The difficulty is not apparent, and it is difficult to understand beforehand the technicality and precision required by a good golf swing.
Putting on TV looks so easy. The pro observes the slope of the green, take long seconds of concentration, and approach systematically the objective, with diabolical precision.
Tens, hundreds, thousands of hours of training make the task so simple, for the uninformed. The coordination that a good golf swing requires is fundamental. Precision is just as important.
By using a golf GPS watch, it becomes possible to maximize the accuracy needed to elevate one’s golf game to another level. After all, is not that the ultimate goal of golf? Surpassing oneself? The constant progression?
# 5. Improved scores and performances
Golf is a very demanding sport. There is a multitude of settings to consider when planning, viewing and winning a golf shot. First, the parameters inherent to the environment: distance to the green, wind, temperature, rain or dry air, the lie on which the ball is located, and many others.
The parameters inherent to the golfer and his golf swing: the posture, the rhythm, the swing plane, the balance, the relaxation, … That for the only physical aspects.
Because the mind is one of the biggest parameters to take into account and to master. Adopt and maintain a positive attitude throughout a golf course. It is easier to say than to do. A golf course can quickly turn into an emotional roller coaster. Trust is a keyword in the success of the golfer, and this, whatever its level.
It is more and more common to see professional players engaging the services of mental professionals. In the same way that they surround themselves with physical trainers, nutritionists, golf technique experts, golfers now surround themselves with mental trainers, when they want to succeed at the highest level in the world.
The idea is to put all the chances on their side, to control all the parameters that it is possible to follow, to control and to control.
In this quest for continuous improvement in performance and surpassing oneself, the contribution of technology in recent years has been a real revolution. The video, trackers, golf swing analyzers, rangefinders, GPS watches, the list is long. The amateur golfer is somewhere in the middle of this eternal quest for skill improvement.
Every golfer approaches his golf in his own way, with his own expectations. But it is clear that the more the golfer improves, the more he enjoys the courses. A golf GPS watch can help increase the golfer’s accuracy, and therefore, by extension, its fun.
# 6. Acceleration of the Game
Golf is an activity of the most time-consuming. Yet, when you’re on a golf course, in the middle of a game, you do not see the time pass … It’s not uncommon to spend four or five hours in a row to push the little ball white, for an effective playing time of barely five minutes (time going on to run the golf swing, routine, putting, basically the time that does not go to walk to find his ball or advance on the course).
To be convinced, just look at the video summaries of professionals. Sometimes, 18 holes can even be summarized in less than 3 minutes. Sometimes, pro on the PGA Tour finds themselves alone in their game, with nobody in front to prevent them from moving at their own pace.
In this case, it is not uncommon to see the party time melt less than 2:30, or even less than 2 hours, simply. If golf was not so time-consuming, the population of amateur golfers in France could easily double.
If anything should be done to make this sport more attractive to the greatest number, it would reduce the time needed to complete 18 holes of golf. Many solutions already exist or are in the state of reflection. In fact, any solution to save even a few minutes in each game would be a success.
# 7. The indication of unnecessary and obsolete distances
Have you ever wondered how long a golfer who does not have a GPS Golf watch loses an average of each game if only to locate the distances on the course?
The famous blue balls, the red balls, the stakes of 135 meters … are as many indications of fundamental distances for the one who is deprived of GPS technology. Still, not so easy to locate them on the course. Indeed, the architects wish to keep the place in its natural state, as much as possible, so as not to alter the beautiful landscape.
The result, very often, the indications are not very visible, hidden behind a shrub or other … It is thus not uncommon to observe golfers trying to locate these valuable indications.
This is especially true for courses that the golfer discovers. These are the only indications of distances to which he can rely on. But the ball is rarely perfectly close to a distance indication, or even perfectly aligned with it. The golfer has no choice but to count his steps! It is not very productive.
On the one hand, this is not very precise, but most importantly, it makes you lose valuable time in the smooth running of a round of golf.
It’s a safe bet that in the right course of things, the distance indications will be removed from the golf courses, to give way to 100% digital indications, provided by GPS golf watches, or any other mechanism GPS.
# 8. Knowing the length of his irons
Another advantage of using a golf GPS watch. It lies in the use of GPS to measure the distances that we achieve with the various clubs of the golf bag. For example, you can measure the length of your drives. Most golf GPS watches are equipped with this feature.
Just press a button to give the exact indication to the watch of the starting point, and in real time, as you head towards your ball, the watch shows you the distance traveled from the tee.
It is always exciting to be able to measure the distance of his drives, to the nearest meter, at least drives well done. This feature allows knowing the average distances of the various clubs, but also the variation of distance which can occur according to the climatic conditions.
For example, if you play an Iron 9 on hole number 1, and you measure it, this will allow you to calibrate this club in a way for the rest of the course.
Disadvantages of a golf GPS watch
There are very few disadvantages to using a golf GPS watch
# 1. Battery loss and autonomy
There is nothing more frustrating about running out of battery in the middle of a round of golf. A minimum of organization upstream of the game should allow the golfer to recharge his GPS watch.
Ideally, the night before use, to make sure it is fully charged. What if you forgot to charge your Golf GPS watch overnight? All is not lost, but do not waste time, and connect it as soon as possible.
The trip to go golf can also be exploited to recharge the battery of the watch. When you arrive at the clubhouse, you can ask to connect your watch somewhere. Finally, the last option to gain battery is to equip portable battery chargers. These small accessories are more and more common, smaller and more efficient.
# 2. No precise distance to the flag
A weak point of the golf GPS watch is that it is not possible to know by meter the distance to the flag. Most GPS watches specify the distance to the entrance to the green, the middle of the green, and the bottom of the green.
But there is no possibility to aim directly at the flag, as it is possible to do with a golf rangefinder, for example. we must, therefore, rely on the information provided to the clubhouse on the locations of the flag, to get a better idea.
Visually, it is also possible to locate if the flag. With a little thought, it becomes possible to establish an approximate distance. If the flag is too far to be aware of its location, then we must rely on the small floating ball, fixed on the flag. The ball is placed at the bottom of the flag, the latter is arranged at the entrance of green.
The little ball is located at the top of the flag, so the flag is located at the bottom of the green. This system works, but it can happen that the ball goes down of itself. As the day progressed, the various manipulations suffered by golfers not always very delicate.
Conclusion & Assessment on Golf GPS Watches
The use of a GPS watch brings a real comfort to improve the golfer’s experience on golf courses. The watches are becoming more sophisticated, but also more affordable, and better designed, at Bushnell or Garmin. Thus, they have become in recent years a component absolutely essential in the panoply of a modern golfer.
Golf GPS watches make golf play more fluid, provide more precision, and reduce the frustration of lack of distance information. Once equipped with this accessory, no golfer will go back! To go further, it is possible to complete the GPS information by providing a golf rangefinder. Clearly, it allows to put all the chances on his side and to approach the golf course serenely.
With the multitude of parameters and uncertainties facing the golfer, it’s nice to be able to trust something safe. If you are part of the ‘old school’, which is against the use of technology to improve golf and thus preserve it, we hope that this guide has allowed you to take a step back and begin a new reflection. If you have never tried a Golf GPS watch, then start, you will not regret it.
▷ Top 7 Golf GPS Watches
III➤ GolfBuddy WTX Smart Golf GPS Watch
- Simple and fast touch user interface
- Course update via Bluetooth with GolfBuddy Smartphone app
- Notifications sync from Smartphone
- Pedometer activity tracker
- Hole layout view with current position of the player
III➤ Arccos Golf 360 Golf Performance Tracking System
- Our system features 14 ultralight sensors - one for each club. It automatically records and analyzes every shot you hit, combining Live Shot Tracking, GPS 2.0 and Tour Analytics to help any player make smarter decisions to shoot lower scores.
- Arccos users know the exact distance to any point on the course, learn precisely which club to use in every situation and identify actual strengths and weaknesses of their game. Arccos 360 unlocks data previously only accessed by PGA Tour pros.
- Developed in partnership with Microsoft, Arccos Caddie shows your optimal strategy on any hole in the world. It analyzes every shot you've taken with Arccos, as well as 120 million+ shots taken by the Arccos community on more than 40,000 courses.
- Arccos 360 is hands-free and fully automatic. Unlike competing products, it requires no tagging, tapping or other annoying disruptions to a player's routine.
- The updated low-profile sensors are 50% smaller and lighter than the original Arccos Golf system. Arccos 360 sensors feature a permanent battery that is designed to last five years. The sensors come standard with a no-questions-asked, two-year warranty.
- Free mobile app available for iOS or Android phones
III➤ Garmin Approach S60 GPS golf watch
- Sleek GPS golf watch that reflects your passion on and off the course. Quick Fit 22 mm watch band compatible
- Large, 1.2 inches Sunlight-readable color touchscreen display
- Quickly gets your location using GPS to Show precise yardages to greens, Hazards and doglegs, on full-color course maps
- Convenient Quick Fit bands for fast style changes without tools. Battery life- up to 10 hours in golf mode; up to 10 days in watch mode
- More than 40, 000 preloaded courses from around the world. QuickFit watch band compatible:0.866 inches
III➤ Garmin Approach S20 Golf Watch
- AUTOSHOT - Round analyzer measures shot distances with auto-recording for post-round analysis on your Garmin Connect account
- STYLISH COMFORT - Fully-hinged, sleek watchband design with comfortable fit. Display resolution: 128 x 128 pixels
- TRUSWING COMPATIBLE - When paired, Garmin TruSwing golf swing sensor provides metrics to improve your swing consistency. Display size: 0.9 x 0.9(inches)
- ACTIVITY TRACKING - Reminds you to stay active on or off the course with move bar alerts. Displays steps, calories burned, distance and time of day, plus it monitors hours of sleep
- STAT TRACKING - Enhanced stats keeps track of fairways hit, greens in regulation and putts per round
III➤ Bushnell Neo Ion Golf GPS Watch
- Preloaded with 35,000+ courses in over 30 countries
- Long battery life and comfortable dual injected silicone sports band
- Auto course recognition and auto hole advance with easy-to-read front, back and center distances
- Up to 4 hazard or layup distances per hole and a distance calculator and integrated step counter
- Legal for Tournament play and comes with a One-year limited Warranty
III➤ Callaway GPS Golf GPS Watch
- Preloaded with over 30,000 golf courses worldwide; No annual fees or subscriptions required
- Accurate distances to front, center, and back of green as well as layup and carry distances to back of hazards and doglegs
- Scorekeeper tracks scores, GIR, and putts per round; Auto-course recognition; Auto-hole advance; Shot distance measurement
- Analog and digital time display. Time and date automatically set by satellite
- Battery lasts 10-12 hours in GPS mode. 90 plus days battery life in time mode
- Display size: 1.28-Inch, Dimensions: 10.25 x 1.5 x 0.5-Inches & Weight: 2.24 oz.
III➤ GolfBuddy WT6 Golf GPS Watch
- Simple and easy-to-use dedicated golf button
- Preloaded with over 38, 000 courses worldwide with free updates
- Automatic course and Hole recognition
- Distance to hazards
- GPS tracking in golf and outdoor mode
- NOTE: Refer the User Manual before use.
▷ Top 3 Golf Cart Enclosure
III➤ Classic Accessories Fairway Deluxe 4-Sided 2-Person Golf Cart Enclosure For Club Car, Tan
- Fits Club Car Precedent 2000-current models exclusively, roof dimensions 61.5"L x 40"W (rear) x 35"W (front)
- Three-year limited warranty
- Super-clear window material with heavy-duty polyester walls and top
- Full protection against wind and weather while keeping golf carts clean and dry in storage
- Zippered doors and panels adjust quickly and easily to any weather condition
- Windshield and doors roll up to stow out of the way
- Quick zip-off windshield stores in front hideaway pocket
- Zippered rear window and roll-up rear panel allow easy access to golf clubs
- Secures with hooks on bottom
- Works with rear canopies, carrying case included
- Keeps golf carts clean and dry in storage
- Super-clear windows with easy-zip doors
III➤ Classic Accessories Fairway Golf Cart Deluxe Enclosure
- Khaki enclosure fits most six-person golf carts
- Gardelle fabric won't shrink or stretch
- Quick zip-off windshield and zippered doors and panels adjust quickly to any weather Condition
- Interior and exterior zipper pulls for quick and easy access
- Super clear window material with heavy duty polyester walls and top
- Fits most six person golf carts with up to 124" long roofs
- Super-clear window material with heavy-duty polyester walls and top
- Zippered doors and panels adjust quickly and easily to any weather condition
- Convenient carrying duffle bag with padded handle included
- Three-year limited warranty
III➤ Classic Accessories 72052 Fairway Travel 4-Sided 2-Person Golf Cart Enclosure
- Fits most two-person golf carts 83" long x 40" wide, roof dimensions: 54.5" long x 41" wide
- 4-sided golf cart enclosure designed for 2-person carts
- Includes handy carrying case; 1-year manufacturer's warranty
- These enclosures are designed to work with the Yamaha Drive, Club Car Precedent, and EZ GO TXT & RXV lines of golf cart equipment
- Rugged weather-protected fabric keeps rain and moisture out
- Zippered side-opening doors and super-clear PVC windows
- Easy tool-free installation; separate rear panel for club access
▷ Top 3 Golfing Range Finder
III➤ TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder: Laser Range Finder with Pinsensor – Laser Binoculars
- LASER RANGEFINDER; Our VPRO500 Laser Rangefinder is a premium product, measuring up to 540 yards with continuous scan mode, advanced Pinsensor technology, and a durable, water resistant body
- PINSENSOR TECHNOLOGY; provides fast measurement with 1 yard accuracy, together with Pinsensor technology to accurately measure overlapping subjects, perfect for measuring golf flags, hazards and wooded areas (Yards or Meters).
- THROUGH THE LENS DISPLAY; premium, ultra clear, multilayered optics with easy read, through the lens display with distance and battery meter, and continuous measurement mode for fast, convenient measurements.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE; measures just 104 x 72 x 41 mm and weighing just 185g, with a water and dust resistant, durable body, perfect for carrying while golfing or hunting, or for measuring and surveying without extra weight or bulk.
- FULL PACKAGE; (Eye-safe rangefinder Class 1 laser with
III➤ Precision Pro Golf Nexus Golf Rangefinder: Laser Accurate To 1 Yard, 400 Yard Range
- ACCURATE DISTANCES: the Nexus is better at measuring to the flag than you are at guessing. The 1-yard accuracy gives you the confidence to pick the correct club.
- USER FRIENDLY: our technology makes the Nexus simple to use even for golfers with shaky hands.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES: water-resistant design, accurate to 1 yard, 400-yard range, 6X magnification, 1/10-yard measurements, yards and meters measurements, tournament legal.
- 400 Yard Measuring Range- ensures you'll never be out of range of the target.
- Includes: Nexus Rangefinder, Carrying Case, 3 Volt Battery, Lanyard, Cleaning Cloth, Instruction Manual, 1-Year Warranty.
III➤ TecTecTec VPRODLX Golf Rangefinder: Waterproof Laser Range Finder
- NEW 2017 Golf Rangefinder VPRO DLX
- LONG MEASUREMENT RANGE: High Quality Laser Golf Rangefinder with Long Measurement Range (5-600 Yards)
- FLAGSEEKER Advanced PinSensor Technology for measuring overlapping subjects
- WATERPROOF Construction, High-quality 6x Monocular with Multilayer Coating for Bright, Clear Images
- FULL PACKAGE: Includes: Quality Bag, Strap and Microfiber Cloth and Battery
Related Sports Posts:
- Air purifiers: can we trust them? Why does this matter?
- How Can Dyson Air Purifiers Help You Live a Better Life?
- Air Purifiers: The Ultimate Guide To Best Air Purifier
- Air Purifier Brands: Discover The Top 10 Best Brands
- Get Rid Of Indoor Air Pollution Problems
- Air Purifier For Allergy Sufferers (The Insider’s Guide)
- Prevent Asthma: Reduce Symptoms Of Indoor Asthma
- Honeywell Air Purifier Reviews [2018 New Guide]
- Honeywell True HEPA Air Purifier Review [Ultimate Guide]
- How To Travel With Allergies: Allergy Prevention Tips (Guide)
- Traveling with allergies – Portable Air Purifiers can help.
- Winix Air Purifiers On A Budget (official models list)
- How Did Philips Air Purifier Become the Best? Find Out
- Alen Air Purifier: Do You Really Need It? This Will Help You Decide!
- 54 Top Indoor Air Quality Monitor & Why We Need It (Complete Guide)
- Why Are Essential Oils For Yoga The Most Trending Thing Now?
- DoTERRA Essential Oils Reviews: The Trending Stuff About doTERRA
- Yoga Block or Yoga Brick: How to Choose Your?
- 10 Things You Most Likely Didn’t Know About Electric Scooters Battery.
- Which Hoverboard Should I Buy? [New Guide]
Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products.