More than 31 homes were destroyed and about 2,000 people were evacuated from their homes due to lava from the Kilauea volcano on Hawaii’s Big Island, which erupted on Thursday, followed by a 6-strong earthquake, 9 on the Richter scale to reach the southeast of the island.
There is no prediction as to when residents will be able to return to the affected area and further eruptions and fissures are expected in the coming months.
According to a report released Monday by the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency, at least 10 fissures have been detected at Leilani Estates, about 19 kilometers from the Kilauea volcano. According to the Hawaii Volcano Observatory, fissures even launch lava at a height of 70 meters. It is in this zone that the greater risk of danger is concentrated, says the Associated Press.
“It’s no time for walks,” warned the Hawaii County Civil Defense Agency. In the same statement, the agency notes that the inhabitants will be able to continue to remove their belongings between 7 am and 6 pm during the next few days. The exception applies to residents of Lanipuna Gardens due to volcanic gases in the atmosphere.
Authorities point out that villagers can help “tremendously” if they stay away from evacuated areas.
Regardless of authorization to move in the region, residents should be prepared to leave the site at any time due to toxic gases such as sulfur dioxide released, earthquakes and lava.
Kilauea volcano is one of the most active volcanoes in the world and one of the five on the island. It has been in constant eruption for 35 years. Authorities are unable to predict where future fissures and large lava flows will take place at temperatures up to 1150 degrees Celsius. The state is alert.
- 54 Top Indoor Air Quality Monitor & Why We Need It (Complete Guide)
- Chocolate Weight Loss: An Incredibly Easy Method That Works For All
- Chocolate Facts: Cracking The True Or False On Chocolate Code
- You Are Not The Only Person Concerned About Weight gain
- Ergonomic Pillow Is Crucial To Your Body (New Guide)
- Now You Can Have The Spring Mattress Of Your Dreams
- The Latest Trend In Memory Foam Mattress – Secret Guide
- Why Are Essential Oils For Yoga The Most Trending Thing Now?
- DoTERRA Essential Oils Reviews: The Trending Stuff About doTERRA
- 15 Well Known Pocket Spring Mattress for Better Sleep (Buying Guide)
- Aloe Vera Weight Loss: All You Need To Know (New Guide)
- Yoga Block or Yoga Brick: How to Choose Your?
- 10 Things You Most Likely Didn’t Know About Electric Scooters Battery.
- Which Hoverboard Should I Buy? [New Guide]
- Electric Scooters For Adults: Which Best Scooter To Buy?
- Electric Scooter Vs Hoverboard: How To Choose?
- 35 Best Electric Skateboards: For Cool People Who Are Also Totally Lazy
- Boxing Training Equipment Is Essential For Your Success (Quick Start)
- Find The Right Running Shoes To Avoid Overpronation
- 4 Types Of Shoes Every Man & Women Needs For Every Occasion