If the TV can give you information on the weather, it is not as precise as a weather station that only deals with your place of life. It offers you relevant information on weather conditions, to best organize your outfits and your day depending on the weather.
The weather station will also allow knowing the temperature inside your home, the humidity rate and according to the models a mine of data to help us to live in an environment as healthy as possible.
Contents & Navigation
- The standard weather station
- The weather station with forecast
- The Wi-Fi weather station
- What information can provide home weather station?
- Questions to ask before buying home weather station
- Best weather station
- The different sensors of a weather station
- Is a weather station really reliable?
- How does a weather station work?
- Digital weather station for the house
- Top 10 Digital Home Weather Station
- Digital models with app function
- Best 10 Digital Weather Station with app function
- Analog home weather station
- Top 6 Digital Analog Weather Station
The home weather station is not only able to determine the temperature or humidity of the environment. This device can fully determine the weather the next day.
The standard weather station
This type of station can also work with some additional probes, which communicate by radio signal with the station, and which then provide the data in various places of the house, both inside and outside.
It’s simple, usually not too expensive, and it provides real-time information. We know how to get dressed, if it is better to go out with an umbrella, if there are risks of ice, etc.
The weather station with forecast
The Wi-Fi weather station
What information can provide home weather station?
Even the most basic of stations will provide you with minimum temperature (thermometer) and relative humidity (humidity). Then, the more we go upmarket and the more we find more or less relevant data:
- The level of atmospheric pressure
- The speed and direction of the wind
- The level of precipitation
- Ultraviolet radiation
- CO2 level
- Weather vigilance
- Time, alarm clock, alarm
As you can see, the more sensors there are, the more information you will have but the more expensive the station will be.
Questions to ask before buying home weather station
Because there are a huge choice and features that are relevant to some and completely useless to others, there are some questions that will help you make your choice. Here are a few:
- What information is needed for me?
- Do I only need real-time or forecast data?
- If I want forecasts, how many days?
- Do I have a good view? (some screens are bigger and the information too)
- Are an internet connection and a smartphone application essential?
- Do I need multiple sensors for indoor and outdoor?
- Should the precision be perfect or is an estimate sufficient?
- What price am I willing to put in a weather station?
Best weather station
To select a weather station at home, you must determine the necessary measures. Some devices are not only able to measure the temperature, but also anticipate the freeze in advance, a sudden increase in temperature.
Some models need to be set independently, while others are set up by the manufacturers.
Do not forget to know in which units the device will measure the temperature. Humidity in the room – one of the most important parameters for a comfortable state of a person.
This is especially important for children. In winter, because of the central heating, the humidity of the air decreases sharply. Excessive hydration is no less dangerous to health.
The different sensors of a weather station
This is obviously the best known measuring instrument in meteorology. It is Galileo who the first scientist to have tried to measure the temperature. He invents the thermoscope.
It is an apparatus where spheres of glasses filled with liquid flow or rise in the water and thus measure the variations of temperature.
In meteorology, we still use a little liquid model, alcohol or mercury, but especially more accurate and faster electric models.
By detecting the water vapor present in the air, we can detect a destabilization of this air, and predict the weather.
We now know that a change in atmospheric pressure also announces a change in weather. It does not allow accurate forecasts, but it serves as an alert to observe the change of weather.
The rain gauge
Is a weather station really reliable?
Ditto for the humidity that will necessarily be higher near a pool, than on the tiled part opposite the house.
How does a weather station work?
Digital weather station for the house
This type of station is based on digital sensors. Such sensors allow very precise measurements. Many choose exactly digital home weather stations because they have a more presentable look.
Sensitive sensors in such very high precision instruments. In addition, a digital weather station can measure not only basic weather characteristics.
These devices successfully determine the time in the apartment and outside simultaneously.
There are models that have five sensors at a time. The range of each is about 100 meters. You can store temperature fluctuations in the device memory for a certain period of time. Some models even measure the level of UV radiation.
So you can know what time is allowed in the sun hold without consequences for the body. Of course, the cost of quality digital weather stations is immeasurable with the price of a conventional model with the simplest functions.
Top 10 Digital Home Weather Station
Digital models with app function
Best 10 Digital Weather Station with app function
Analog home weather station
Some decide to choose an analog home weather station because it can be a wonderful addition to the interior of the room. After all, wood, metal, and glass are used to make the device. Often the resort becomes a good gift.
Top 6 Digital Analog Weather Station
|Ambient Weather WS-YG315 Cherry Finish Dial Traditional Weather Station||156 Reviews||$31.99||Buy on Amazon|
|INDIA OVERSEAS TRADING CORP 4.5" Brass Sundial Compass||800 Reviews||$28.95 from $9.60||Buy on Amazon|
|Cigar Oasis Analog Hygrometer Western Humidor||435 Reviews||$9.89||Buy on Amazon|
|Ambient Weather WS-L0801TBH Brushed Aluminum Traditional Weather Station||17 Reviews||$21.69||Buy on Amazon|
|Lily's Home Cherry Finish Dial Traditional Barometer with Temperature and Humidity||27 Reviews||$49.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Ambient Weather WS-208TBH 9" Brushed Aluminum Traditional Thermometer with Barometer and Humidity,...||19 Reviews||$39.99 $24.49||Buy on Amazon|
- Air purifiers: can we trust them? Why does this matter?
- How Can Dyson Air Purifiers Help You Live a Better Life?
- Air Purifiers: The Ultimate Guide To Best Air Purifier
- Best Air Purifier Brands: Discover The Top 10 Best Brands
- Get Rid Of Indoor Air Pollution Problems
- Air Purifier For Allergy Sufferers (The Insider’s Guide)
- Prevent Asthma: Reduce Symptoms Of Indoor Asthma
- Honeywell Air Purifier Reviews [2018 New Guide]
- Honeywell Air Purifiers True HEPA Purifier Review [Ultimate Guide]
- How To Travel With Allergies: Allergy Prevention Tips (Guide)
- Traveling with allergies – Portable Air Purifiers can help.
- Winix Air Purifiers On A Budget (official models list)
- How Did Philips Air Purifier Become the Best? Find Out
- Alen Air Purifier: Do You Really Need It? This Will Help You Decide!
- 54 Top Indoor Air Quality Monitor & Why We Need It, Foobot… (Complete Guide)
Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products.