(Last Updated On: May 20, 2018)
Want to lose your extra pounds? Here are some tips to keep in mind when you want to have a healthy diet and create a weight loss plan.
Contents & Navigation
- 1. Find a physical activity that you like
- 2. Take calcium supplements
- 3. Combine exercise and calorie reduction
- 4. Get to know your body mass index
- 5. Keep a food journal for five days
- 6. Find a friend to go with you
- 7. Consider bariatric surgery as a last resort
- 8. Aim to lose weight slowly
1. Find a physical activity that you like
Take a hobby that involves physical activity. A health plan is not the only thing that will help you lose weight.
Hiking, climbing, jogging, or even walking every day are great ways to lose weight and keep fit.
You can ask a friend to join you to keep your motivation to continue the activity.
2. Take calcium supplements
Losing weight can trigger bone loss. Women, in particular, need 500 to 600 milligrams of calcium twice a day.
Choose a calcium supplement that also contains vitamin D.
Top 10 calcium supplement & vitamin D
3. Combine exercise and calorie reduction
People who exercise and reduce calories are more likely to lose weight and stay in line than people who eat less.
Burning 250 extra calories a day – which equals the energy expenditure of a 45-minute brisk walk – can help you lose around 26 pounds each year.
4. Get to know your body mass index
To find out if your weight is in the normal range or if you are obese or overweight, check out a Body Mass Index (BMI) chart.
If your BMI is less than 25, your weight is normal.
If your BMI exceeds 25, but you are below 30, you are overweight.
If your BMI is 30 or higher, you considered obese.
5. Keep a food journal for five days
Make a note of everything you eat and drink, even when it’s water or a breath candy.
Your list should include the time of day, the part size, the number of services and the number of calories contained.
You should also take note of how you felt or any other circumstances that might have influenced you when eating.
Review your food diary with a dietician. He or she will help you identify situations or emotions that may cause you to overeat.
These journals are especially useful for people trying to manage their diabetes. They help you become aware of foods that can raise your blood sugar levels and those that help you keep it stable.
6. Find a friend to go with you
Dieting with a friend provides support that will help you reach your goals. Having someone within walking distance can be an added bonus.
Find three neighbors and tell them your intentions to lose weight. Chances are that they too will have a bit of weight to lose and will want to follow you in your lifestyle change.
7. Consider bariatric surgery as a last resort
But do not consider this operation. This is a major operation, which involves a lot of risks, including a mortality rate of 1% during the surgery itself.
After the surgery, they will be able to eat only small meals and to take supplements and medicines, and make frequent medical examinations.
The cost of this operation is also important, and few insurance companies will want to cover it.
8. Aim to lose weight slowly
You can lose one pound a week or two pounds a month, make small adjustments to your diet and exercise.
Do not let the fad diets dazzle you with the “miracle” plans that promise to lose 100 pounds in the space of 2 months.
Researchers say that people who manage to lose weight through these programs generally recover all or most of the pounds lost in five years.
It’s better to learn how to make lifestyle changes that will help you maintain your weight, even when it means losing it slowly.
- Home Weather Station Guide: How is the Weather?
- Chocolate Weight Loss: An Incredibly Easy Method That Works For All
- Chocolate Facts: Cracking The True Or False On Chocolate Code
- Why Are Essential Oils For Yoga The Most Trending Thing Now?
- DoTERRA Essential Oils Reviews: The Trending Stuff About doTERRA
- 45 Best DoTERRA Oils That Will Make Your Life Better (New Guide)
- Aloe Vera Weight Loss: All You Need To Know (New Guide)
- Yoga Block or Yoga Brick: How to Choose Your?
- Electric Scooters Battery – 10 Things You Most Likely Didn’t Know
- Which Cheap Electric Hoverboard Should You Buy? [Buyer’s Guide]
Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products.
Spread the love