If you’re looking for a powerful, high-quality TV sound without the clutter of multiple speakers like the home theater and the cables that come with it, the latest Samsung Sound Bar could be a good choice.
Contents & Navigation
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- Hear consistently great sound anywhere in the room with tweeters that cover a much wider frequency range.
- Increases the power and depth of bass with control that precisely coordinates the movement of each speaker.
- Samsung's proprietary technology delivers deep and detailed bass by predicting sound distortion and automatically tuning the speaker's output before the distortion occurs.
- WiFi: (2.4GHz/5GHz); USB Connectivity: (v.2.0), MicroUSB for LAN/Software Update Service only and Bluetooth connectivity
- Frequency Response: 40Hz - 20KHz. Multiroom Compatible
If you are a fan of Sony, you can read the soundbar test Sony HST-5000.
|Samsung Electronics Sound+ Premium Soundbar (HW-MS650/ZA), Works with Alexa||124 Reviews||$449.99 $447.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Samsung HW-N650 Panoramic Soundbar||26 Reviews||$499.99 $397.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Samsung HW-MS750 Sound+ Soundbar, Works with Alexa||37 Reviews||$699.99 $597.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Samsung HW-N400 TV Mate Soundbar||57 Reviews||$229.99||Buy on Amazon|
- 3 channels with integrated woofer 9 speakers (3 tweeters, 6 woofers).
- Multi-speaker control technology that ensures simultaneous, coordinated movement of speakers that transform bass sounds.
- Samsung’s patented algorithm distortion cancellation that recreates the audio signal and pre-adjusts the signal by reducing distortion.
- Once paired with Samsung TVs, the TV and sound bar can be controlled with one remote control.
- The Sound + bars are compatible with the wmn300sb TV kit that allows you to hang the bar on the TV without making holes in the wall.
Design, features, and connectivity
The brushed aluminum design of the Samsung HW-MS650 Wireless Sound Bar and its rounded edges provide a beautiful sound. However, it is not small: the HW-MS650 is 106 cm long, 13.5 cm deep and 78 mm high.
If you do not have the necessary space, it is quite possible to fix it on the wall with the appropriate fixing kit.
Nevertheless, if you are not enthusiastic about drilling holes in your walls, Samsung has created an ingenious support that sets the soundbar to your TV if it is already attached to the wall.
The Samsung WMN-300SB One Mount Kit can be purchased separately and mounts directly into the VESA holes on the back of your TV. If you want your sound bar to fit perfectly into your wall TV, it ‘s worth thinking about.
The sound bar includes Samsung HW-MS650 Wireless Sound Bar includes a stylish and easy-to-use remote control. With it, you can change input modes, adjust volume, bass, treble, surround sound, switch between sound modes, switch playback/pause or skip tracks.
Best of all, if you have a Samsung TV, it integrates with Samsung’s Eden UX and gives you access to your soundbar settings on your TV screen.
Fortunately, you will not be lost if you lose the remote control at the back of the couch: there are physical buttons for the power supply, the selection of the volume source on the right side of the soundbar.
Below the soundbar you will find its connections: there are an input and a power output (so there is no need for two wall outlets to power both the soundbar and the TV), an Optical digital input, a 3.5mm analog input and HDMI input and output (TV-ARC).
Its connectivity options do not stop there, because the Samsung HW-MS650 also has Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. It’s a little disappointing that aptX is not supported, as this would improve the audio quality by compared to Bluetooth connections.
On the plus side, the MS650 supports Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 2.0 codecs and is capable of handling 24bit 96Khz audio without the need to downsample. This means you’ll be able to play high-loss lossless audio, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF directly with the soundbar.
Applying the Samsung HW-MS650 Soundbar
The Samsung Multiroom application provides a clear and simple interface that allows the HW-MS650 to integrate with music services such as Spotify, Tidal, TuneIn Radio, among others.
Start the application and you can listen to music directly from the internal storage of your device or stream it from the various music services.
You can also adjust the sound and the MS650 via the application’s 7-band EQ, and add other compatible Samsung devices to your network to create a true multi-room setup.
The Samsung HW-MS650 is equipped with nine speakers (six woofers, three tweeters) and a dedicated amplifier that connects to a single Digital Signal Processor (DSP).
The DSP does the work of directing multichannel inputs to the appropriate drivers: for example, with support for the MS650 Dolby Digital 5.1 inputs and the Samsung HW-MS650 wireless soundbar with a three-channel configuration ( each channel has three dedicated drivers).
The DSP resamples the six-channel digital signal according to the output 3.0. This means that true surround sound is not on the cards, but Samsung will release a wireless surround kit and optional wireless subwoofer in the coming months.
The sound quality of the soundbar Samsung HW-MS650 is superb. Samsung’s distortion cancellation technology indeed seems very effective. Compared to many sound bars that I tested, the MS650 sounds much more precisely.
There is no really huge bass, but as the bass output of the MS650 disappears below 34Hz, you should expect it. After all, home theater subwoofers regularly reach frequencies as low as 20Hz.
There is an impressive amount of bass available given the compactness of the MS650, but do not expect to hear bass as loud as a woofer kit.
If you love explosions in games and movies that shake your coffee table, then you will take the additional wireless subwoofer, the Samsung SWA-W700 (detailed below).
Voices are precise and realistic, complex high-frequency instruments like cymbals are seamlessly reproduced, and clarity reveals minute details in movies and music. No matter the volume level.
- Overall sound quality
- Connectivity options
- Bluetooth aptX not supported
There is not much negative in the soundbar of the Samsung HW-MS650. In fact, it has only two flaws: the absence of bass that breaks the windows and the lack of Bluetooth aptX.
These defects can not detract from its finer qualities, however, because Samsung has concocted a winning combination of dynamic sound quality, ample connectivity, and attractive design.
If you can afford to offer this soundbar, then it should be at the top of your list of choices. The HW-MS650 is really one of the best sound bars you can find.
You can also check our review on Bose Solo 5 TV soundbar
- Home Weather Station Guide: How is the Weather?
- Choose Lighting: How To Light Your Home
- 18 Tips That Will Make You Guru In House Clean
- Ergonomic Pillow Is Crucial To Your Body (New Guide)
- Now You Can Have The Spring Mattress Of Your Dreams
- The Latest Trend In Memory Foam Mattress – Secret Guide
- Why Are Essential Oils For Yoga The Most Trending Thing Now?
- DoTERRA Essential Oils Reviews: The Trending Stuff About doTERRA
- 15 Well Known Pocket Spring Mattress for Better Sleep (Buying Guide)
- Yoga Block or Yoga Brick: How to Choose Your?
- Electric Scooters Battery – 10 Things You Most Likely Didn’t Know
- Which Cheap Electric Hoverboard Should You Buy? [Buyer’s Guide]
- Electric Scooters For Adults: Which Best Adult Scooter To Buy?
- Electric Scooter Vs Hoverboard: How To Choose?
- 35 Best Electric Skateboards: For Cool People Who Are Also Totally Lazy
- Home Generators (Backup Generator): Why We Need Emergency Generators for Houses?
- Boxing Training Equipment Is Essential For Your Success (Quick Start)
- Find The Right Running Overpronation Shoes To Avoid Overpronation Pain
- Google Wifi: What Is The Google Router Worth?
- [Test] Google Home: More Than Promising Beginnings
Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products.