They were quickly banned, and motorized skateboards were totally forgotten. This film was only a fantasy. Yes, I know, a really bad movie, but hey … we all dreamed about this skateboard, did not we?
In any case, for us, that’s what started everything. In short, we became addicted.
Contents & Navigation
- Best Electric Skateboards Buying Guide
- Why buy an Electric Skateboard: the 3 steps to follow!
- III➤ 12 Best Electric Skateboards (Standard Simple)
- III➤ 9 Best e-Skateboards – motor wheel
- III➤ 7 Best Electric Longboard
- Boosted 2nd Generation Dual
- EPIKGO Electric Longboard Skateboard – Dual-Motor Smart Skateboards
- Atom Electric H16D Carbon Longboard Skateboard
- Buffalo F Electric Skateboard, 39″ Single/Dual Motor Remote Controlled
- Magneto Revolution Electric Skateboard – Premium – 20MPH | 12 Mile Range
- SWAGTRON SwagBoard Voyager Electric Longboard
- BLITZART Huracane 38″ Electric Longboard 17mph 10mile range 350W
- The 4 key points of the Electric Skateboard
- The different types of Electric Skateboards
- Anatomy of an Electric Skateboard
- Electric Skateboards – remote control
- Electric Skateboards – the battery
- Electric Skateboards – Electronic Speed Control / Trip Computer
- Electric Skateboards – the engine
The actual limits come from the skateboards themselves; Some are better on stable ground or sidewalk, while others can maneuver the most rugged terrain. When choosing a model, it’s important to know what everyone can and can not do.
Best Electric Skateboards Buying Guide
Of course, you can use an electric skateboard as your usual means of transportation; They appear in numbers on college campuses, and urban commuters are using electric skates more and more often, especially in tech havens like Silicon Valley (unsurprisingly).
However, taking your skateboard to work or school does not mean it’s less fun to do.
And a growing number of electric skateboards are touting their speed (some will do well over 30 km per hour), fast acceleration, multiple driving modes and durability when pushed to their full speed or off-road.
These electric skateboards are not all characteristics intended for commuters; some electric skates are designed for fun courses but also for extreme courses.
In general, almost all the electric skates you can buy operate in much the same way. An electric motor powers them, and they are controlled by a remote control (some can be controlled by a smartphone), there are brakes to slow down, and you direct just as you would with an old-school skate, with your body ( and your feet, if necessary).
The other attributes of electric skateboard models vary considerably, as you will guess by the fact that the prices of these small jewels can range from a few hundred to a few thousand USD.
Why buy an Electric Skateboard: the 3 steps to follow!
After seeing one of them pass near you or climb a hill at full speed before your dumbfounded eyes, it will not take more to convince you that you want one. You will immediately be charmed.
For the experienced skateboarder, these products allow you to ride on a skateboard without the inconvenience of having to push, and the downhills do not seem so scary when you have the safety of a break. The majority of these products are also great for novices or those looking for another means of transportation.
These skates are an excellent complement to public transportation because they are small enough and portable to carry them on most buses, trains or taxis, and have the range and speed to take you comfortably to the place where you have to go, essentially solving the problem of the journey between your conventional means of transport and your exact destination.
Although these skateboards can be a heavy investment, many users can effectively cushion it in a year or two, saving the daily costs of bus, taxi, carpooling or metro.
However, you must always make sure that you are aware of and comply with all local laws and regulations where you plan to drive while wearing all appropriate protective and safety equipment.
Now that you’re in love with electric skateboards, it’s time to look at the different types available and determine which one is best for you.
Step 1: Are you new to Skateboarding? Already a pro?
Are you wondering if it’s a good tool for quick city trips or just looking for something fun?
For beginners, at first, you may want to consider one of the more budget options, usually a standard single-wheel drive. These models are less expensive and less intimidating for a new user, especially if you do not know how often you will use it, and if you will really appreciate it.
For the experienced skateboarder looking to take it to the next level, you should consider one of the models with more performance. It could be one of the two-wheel drive models or one of the off-road models. They have a much higher overall speed and, in some cases, have enough acceleration to overturn you. Prudence, then!
Although these boards are not exclusive to advanced users, it is really necessary to have a lot of control to exploit these types of products to their full potential, and it would be wasteful for many people to pay for performances that it is unlikely to exploit.
In addition, go for a model that got a good rating in our brake tests is probably a good idea for a beginner … and for an experienced. It adds a certain level of security that you can miss as a beginner.
However, all the models we tested use an electronic brake rather than a mechanical one – which means it can be turned off if the board does not work properly. You should consult the manufacturer’s brake instructions and always have a plan if the brakes do not work.
Step 2: Where are you going to ride?
Now that you know what kind of board you want, it’s time to look where you’re going.
Any of these boards roll well on a smooth, flat sidewalk, but it’s a different story when it comes to rugged hills or challenging roads. Only a handful of boards can climb the steepest hills, as shown by our climb tests, which is certainly a consideration if you plan to drive in a more or less steep area.
However, this may mean that you are restricted to one of the performance boards, which can be a little intimidating for a beginner. In this case, it is interesting to know if you really want to skateboard on steep hills as a beginner.
Those in areas where roads are more difficult or plan to ride off-road should consider – unsurprisingly – an off-road model. If the sidewalk around you is only moderately bad (or intermittently), you can probably get away with larger and more flexible standard longboard wheels, 80 mm in diameter or larger, and a durometer. ‘About 76A or more flexible would be a good baseline.
Those who regularly encounter sidewalks in very bad condition or plan to ride on dirt or sand should really consider a model with tires. These models have better traction and can be either a performance model with two-wheel drive or a board with a large single tire.
Step 3: Do you intend to use it as a means of transportation? Travel? Roll for fun? Do you live in a humid place?
Hopefully, at this point, you have reduced your selection to a specific type of board, and that you only hesitate between some models. Here’s where your exact use can make a big difference in choosing the board model that’s right for you.
The person who will use it daily as a means of transportation will want to make sure that the board has sufficient reach to and from the office, or that it will carry it at least to the workplace. will recharge enough during the day to go home.
In addition to the course distance, you should also think about the weather conditions in which you will ride. Water and electricity do not mix well, so it’s important to consider the humidity during your daily commute.
Many manufacturers – and common sense – say that you should not ride in the middle of a rainstorm, but having a water resistant board can make a difference when it comes to puddles.
from insurmountable obstacles to slight inconveniences. You should always check and adhere to the manufacturer’s recommendations when it comes to the effect of water on your board.
If you plan to fly with your board, it is important that you comply with the TSA Lithium Battery Regulations. Some of the available models have batteries that are too big to carry on a plane without prior authorization, or not at all, making it a bad choice if you want to fly frequently with an electric skateboard.
In addition, it is important to verify that you will be in compliance with local rules and laws regarding motorized or electric skateboards, as it will be very difficult to amortize their price if you pay big fines every time you use it!
III➤ 12 Best Electric Skateboards (Standard Simple)
III➤ 9 Best e-Skateboards – motor wheel
III➤ 7 Best Electric Longboard
|Boosted 2nd Gen Dual+ Standard Range Electric Skateboard||114 Reviews||$1,499.00 $1,400.00||Buy on Amazon|
|EPIKGO Electric Longboard Skateboard with Dual-Motor Smart Skateboards [7 Ply Bamboo Board] and...||7 Reviews||$399.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Atom Electric H16D Carbon Longboard Skateboard - 158Wh Lithium Battery - 1400W Dual Hub Motors||7 Reviews||$803.05 $794.87||Buy on Amazon|
|Buffalo F Electric Skateboard, 39" Single/Dual Motor Remote Controlled Electric Longboard (2400W...||34 Reviews||$699.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Magneto Revolution Electric Skateboard - Premium, High Performance Electric Skateboard - 20MPH | 12...||8 Reviews||$699.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Swagtron SwagBoard Voyager Electric Longboard – Motorized skateboard w/Remote & Dual 350W...||49 Reviews||$399.99||Buy on Amazon|
|BLITZART Huracane 38" Electric Skateboard Longboard Motorized Electronic Hub-Motor 3.5" Wheels...||169 Reviews||$399.00 from $279.99||Buy on Amazon|
Boosted 2nd Generation Dual
- Get around with incredible speed and ease on the most powerful electric skateboard
- Standard Range Battery - 6 to 7 miles
- Light enough to carry anywhere - powerful enough to go everywhere
- 25% grade hill climbing - 22 mph top speed - regenerative breaking
- 2,000 watts of power. Extra traction grip tape
EPIKGO Electric Longboard Skateboard – Dual-Motor Smart Skateboards
- Sleek Design - At only 16.5lbs the EPIKGO Electric Skateboard was crafted with a 7-ply 100% bamboo frame for a lightweight yet durable riding experience.
- More Power - 2100W dual motors power this board at speeds up to 25mph, making the EPIKGO Electric Skateboard the quickest board around.
- Go Anywhere - Solid polyurethane tires and a high power battery push this skateboard up to 10 miles on a single charge.
- Two Modes - Comes standard with a wireless remote that controls the speed of the electric skateboard. Equipped with two speed modes and features a reversible riding option.
- Go Safer - Intelligent internal sensors prevent electrical shortages, provides speed control options and auto-brake awareness.
Atom Electric H16D Carbon Longboard Skateboard
- Dual hub motor - with the motors hidden inside the wheel, hub motors are light and compact giving the board the feel of a normal longboard, but with power
- Safe batteries - we use the best lithium cells available and features 100% of them using peak charge and discharge rates before putting them in a board
- Regenerative braking - atom electric boards not only stop safely and reliably, they charge your battery while doing it. Go the extra mile with atom
- Travel up to 12 miles on a single charge and at speeds up to 20 mph. Features dual 700 watt hub motors
- Includes complete board, battery charger, wireless remote control with battery level indicator and 2 speed modes (including 2 AAA batteries), USB charging port, and skate tool
Buffalo F Electric Skateboard, 39″ Single/Dual Motor Remote Controlled
- 【GO FASTER AND FURTHER TRAVEL】 25km per charge depending on riding mode and Three Riding Modes:Top speed in Advanced Mode(40km/h),Top speed in Cruise Mode(20km/h),Top speed in Beginner Mode(18km/h).Please brake at low speed
- 【DECK MATERIAL】4 layers of bamboo material and 4 layers of fiberglass, Allows riders to have more traction while riding this motorized skateboard .This kind of material can reduce weight, and it is very durable，good elasticity ,moderate hardness,stability not easy deformed.
- 【Durable PU Wheels】Durable,Water-proof,Dust-proof,shock-absorbing wheels provide an unbelievably smooth riding experience
- 【ACCELERATE LIKE A SPORTS CAR】 A revolutionary 1,200 watts of power means a completely new riding experience. The world's ONLY single-dual drive system let you accelerate up any hill and brake to a complete stop on the way back down.When you need extreme speed and strong climbing ability, you can use the double drive mode, when you need a longer cruising mileage, you can switch to a single drive mode
- 【RISK FREE GUARANTEE】We provide the quality guarantee within 6 month(Freely maintenance and Replace the accessories）
Magneto Revolution Electric Skateboard – Premium – 20MPH | 12 Mile Range
- DUAL HUB MOTORS - The rear wheels have been replaced with large hub motors which allows you to reach speeds of up to 20 mph! (speeds vary based on factors such as rider weight & road conditions)
- LITHIUM ION BATTERY - One of the largest batteries available in any electric skateboard! Travel up to 12 miles on full throttle. (ranges vary based on factors such as rider weight, road conditions, road terrain, etc.)
- CARBON FIBER COMPOSITE DECK - The deck is specifically designed to handle the unique loads of the electric skateboard. Carbon Fiber is used to add strength and stability for a better riding experience.
- WIRELESS REMOTE - The board is controlled with a wireless hand held remote. The remote is light weight and also features a reverse mode.
- WARRANTY - Ride off worry free with the 6 month warranty that comes with every board.
SWAGTRON SwagBoard Voyager Electric Longboard
- High-speed thrills - the electric skateboard deck uses a dual 350W wheels capable of going up to 15Mph with a range of 15 miles
- Change directions with a click - a wireless remote controls acceleration and braking for this electric skateboard deck
- Long lasting battery - the motorized longboard is powered by a long-lasting durable Lithium iron phosphate battery
- Gorgeous deck - made with a combination bamboo and Canadian Maple; this electric skateboard deck is strong but flexible
- Classically curvy - the voyager uses the traditional longboard design for an uncommonly smooth riding experience
BLITZART Huracane 38″ Electric Longboard 17mph 10mile range 350W
- GREAT RANGE AND SPEED - Fly down the streets with confidence and style on this electric skateboard with remote. On this longboard skateboard cruiser you can reach a max speed of up to 17 MPH. It has a range of 6-8 miles once it is fully charged. It's equipped with a secured 36V, 4.0Ah Lithium-Ion battery pack (battery included) which can be fully charged within two and a half hours.
- ERGONOMIC WIRELESS REMOTE - Our electric skateboard remote controller is comfortable and easy to grip. With an easy-to-hold wireless remote that controls acceleration and deceleration, it has a mode and speed for beginners or advanced skaters. It also comes with reverse capability. An ergonomic wrist strap for the electric skateboard remote controller helps to prevent dropping.
- MAPLE WOOD AND BAMBOO DECK WITH PREMIUM GRIP TAPE - The deck consists of strong and supple 7-ply maple wood and has 2 layers of bamboo on the bottom of the board. This layered construction gives your longboard deck more flexibility and sturdiness. The deck is outfitted with grip tape to keep the rider's feet firmly in place and stay on the board, which supports a max weight of 250lbs.
- 350W MOTOR WITH REGENERATIVE BRAKE - When it comes to hub motors vs belt drive motors, hub motors are more reliable and less problem-prone. For this reason, we only use hub motors. Our hub motors also give the board an aesthetically pleasing appearance to the overall design. Your electric skateboard can also be kicked like a regular board even without juice, making it easier to use no matter where you take it.
- SHIPS FULLY ASSEMBLED AND READY TO RIDE - Save yourself the time and hassle of assembly when you can ride your board instantly out of the box.
The 4 key points of the Electric Skateboard
1. One of the main key points of the utility of a motorized skateboard is its course distance.
If you only have a ten-minute commute to school or work, you should not have a problem with the distance that all models can cover with a single charge.
However, if you plan to go for a walk for a whole afternoon, the last thing you want to do is a long walk to the house with your skateboard under your arm. And if it’s in your plans then the weight of the skateboard is another detail to consider.
2. Construction and performance
They are almost as important for an electric skate as for a car.
There are a number of inexpensive skateboards available. And most of them have poor quality wheels or brakes, lead-acid batteries instead of lithium-based batteries, motors that can not produce enough torque to propel you on a slight incline. being on the sidewalk and, frankly, the construction may be so mediocre that it will collapse in less than a month.
It may be more than enough for your needs or anything you can afford, but most good electric skateboards are expensive enough for you to make the best choice for your money.
3. The type of remote control used
It’s different for every skateboard and that’s another very important element. So we also examined the type of remote control used by each skateboard.
This may seem like a detail – until you’re on the road and realize that having to use your thumb to control your speed is much more difficult than using your index finger.
Some models even allow you to use your smartphone for commands, and most have applications that allow you to program their operation.
4. Other features
Other features that may be important to you include two-wheel drive (with a motor that powers each rear wheel) that can improve traction and power but make turning harder and faster;
A motor-wheel system (instead of the belt drive) for less noise; And extras like LED lights for night driving and waterproof or water-resistant components for all-weather exits.
The different types of Electric Skateboards
Now that you know which aspects are best for you on a skateboard, and where you can buy one, it’s time to look at the different types to further refine your
Best Electric Skateboards – Standard Simple
This style of board is usually more of a budget option, reducing costs by having only one driving wheel.
These boards usually have a lower top speed, less acceleration and can not handle the steepest hills.
These boards can also be a little less controllable or more complicated to control when braking, because only one wheel is slowed which can make you turn or slightly slip.
Electric Skateboards – Standard Double
The high end when it comes to electric skateboards, these boards have a pair of rear-mounted engines. Having a two-wheel drive in the rear increases traction, stability, and power compared to single-wheel drive systems.
These engines are paired with the wheels with timing belts or gears and sometimes allow different options to increase maximum speed or peak acceleration.
These boards can be fast, almost too fast for beginners, but usually have a beginner mode with limited speed and acceleration, to help get used to the board safely.
Electric Skateboards – motor-wheel
At first, you may be surprised to find that these boards are powered because there is no visible motor. Instead, these boards hide the engine inside the wheel, so that it is aptly named engine-wheel. Although these boards offer a much more elegant design, more compact and minimalist, they have disadvantages.
This style of the engine can increase the cost of the board, and make the replacement of a wheel much more difficult, which restricts you to buy a spare part directly from the manufacturer. In addition, these models may also be underfed compared to models that use a reduction transmission.
Electric Skateboards – off-road
For those who live in an area where the road is not the best, or who plan to ride on clay, an off-road model is a must. The best boards will have a larger studded tire, with enough power to effectively drive these monstrous wheels.
These boards can handle surprising terrain features, more than you might expect.
The disadvantage is that these boards can be much more expensive, either with a higher base price, or they require the purchase of an upgrade kit.
Electric Skateboards – Single Wheel
These boards, obviously, rely on a single wheel in the center and use internal sensors – gyroscopes and accelerometers – to balance and keep you on the board. The acceleration and braking are determined by your degree of inclination to the longitudinal axis of the board, and your head by tilting the board over its width with your heels and toes.
Therefore, these boards may require a slightly higher learning time than other models. However, these models are exceptionally fun and can behave very well in rough terrain.
Anatomy of an Electric Skateboard
On the scene in recent years, electric skateboards have flourished in the consumer market, with several manufacturers coming out different models. As this is a relatively new element, we have written this section to help you understand the different parts of a board and what they do. This section is a bit technical, meant for those who want to get into all the technical aspects of how these boards really work, or if you dig to find out more.
Electric Skateboards – remote control
All these products have a wireless remote control that is used to control the acceleration and brakes of the board. Some also have useful indicators indicating the life of the battery and the mode in which the board operates.
These should also be configured so that the board stops immediately if you fall, usually with an emergency stop switch. You can also activate the brake, allowing you to stop easily.
Electric Skateboards – the battery
The advent of powerful lithium batteries has really helped drive these devices to large-scale production, and almost all models of boards use a lithium battery.
Although these lightweight, powerful batteries are the cornerstone of most modern electric vehicles and technology gadgets, they can be dangerous if used improperly. You should always carefully follow the manufacturer’s instructions for loading and use, and never use third-party chargers to minimize risk.
There are also limitations when it comes to shipping and flying with these batteries, so always make sure you are aware of and comply with the regulations before shipping or shipping your board. anywhere.
Electric Skateboards – Electronic Speed Control / Trip Computer
This is the internal brain of the board; the cruise control and the computer will communicate with the remote control, controlling the motors at the appropriate speed and stopping the current if the signal is lost between the board and the remote control.
They will also monitor the battery to make sure it is charging and discharging safely and to warn you when the battery is low.
Electric Skateboards – the engine
In addition to the advent of lithium batteries, high power miniature brushless motors have been the cornerstone of the provision of small electric vehicles for consumers.
We recommend that you only look for a board with a brushless motor system, whether it is a motor-wheel or using a drive belt.
The broom motors are generally too heavy and inefficient for this use, and will probably be disappointing.
These electric skateboards, as you have seen, are designed for different purposes. We hope that our cheap electric skateboard tests and selection, and our top of the best Electric Skateboards and the best Electric Longboards or even our top of the best Electric Unicycles have helped you to refine your choice.
No matter which model you choose, even the entry-level model, there is a defined learning curve. Having experience with traditional skateboarding will help you adapt to an electric skateboard, but shifting with a remote control while maneuvering on the uneven or uneven ground can cause the fall of an experienced skateboarder.
you will (re) learn skateboarding! In addition, at 20-30 kilometers per hour, do not always wear a helmet and adequate protection. We have not yet thought of it as a pout-but clearly, it’s another skateboarding experience … which assumes the proper safety equipment.
The key decision you will have to make (other than the one based on your budget, of course) is whether you want an electric board as a means of transportation, for off-roading or just for fun.
We hope this site has given you a better idea of what kind of electric skateboard would suit you!
Remember to always follow local laws and rules, and always wear proper protective gear when you break out in style on your new board.
- Home Weather Station Guide: How is the Weather?
- Choose Lighting: How To Light Your Home
- 18 Tips That Will Make You Guru In House Clean
- Organized Kitchen: An Incredibly Easy Method
- Ergonomic Pillow Is Crucial To Your Body (New Guide)
- Now You Can Have The Spring Mattress Of Your Dreams
- The Latest Trend In Memory Foam Mattress – Secret Guide
- Why Are Essential Oils For Yoga The Most Trending Thing Now?
- DoTERRA Essential Oils Reviews: The Trending Stuff About doTERRA
- 15 Well Known Pocket Spring Mattress for Better Sleep (Buying Guide)
- Yoga Block or Yoga Brick: How to Choose Your?
- Electric Scooters Battery – 10 Things You Most Likely Didn’t Know
- Which Cheap Electric Hoverboard Should You Buy? [Buyer’s Guide]
- Electric Scooters For Adults: Which Best Adult Scooter To Buy?
- Electric Scooter Vs Hoverboard: How To Choose?
Disclosure: We may earn affiliate commissions at no cost to you from the links on this page. This did not affect our assessment of products.